Kodi

Christmas Tree

Is Genesis still the best movie add-on?

I don't think the guy who made it is updating it much any more so it's becoming more and more of a struggle to find decent links on it that don't buffer. For me Genesis is best add on there's been on there in terms of quality and ease of use but there's plenty of other options. If it's new films you're after Phoenix and UK Turk are good at the moment for the screeners (easy to get the film on quickly and with little buffering). Movie Hut, Movie Night and The Royal We are all good for a larger selection but take a bit longer to get you watching the film.

Got an MX3 Android box with Kodi pre-loaded. Coming tomorrow.

I assume i just have to follow simple instructions to install add-ons.

Genesis, Phoenix and vbtubt is that right?

See above re Genesis but it is still working. Vdubt isn't working at the minute (been off for a couple of weeks). Phoenix, Dexter, Pak India, Operation Robocop, Movie Hut, UK Turk and Money Sports are the things that working best for me. SALTS too.

I watched Spectre on my ipad, 300 miles away from the pc that Kodi is installed on and found myself beginning to moan about having to delay the video stream by 5 seconds to better sync with the audio track.

I was basically moaning because the magic wasn't quite magical enough for me. :rolleyes:

Listen fuck face, you took MY advice and got a fire stick. You'll soon be downloading the beast. ;)

Hey Humpty Dumpty head, I was writing guides teaching people how to build their own setups on a raspberry pi several years ago when you were 15 stones worth of uninformed fuckwit. All that's happened since then is the tech has got easier which has allowed you to join the club, but don't imagine for a second that you advised me on anything.

:razz:

I found the beast quite annoying. It looks pretty once an app goes down or changes it's a fuck on to fix. It's much easier just to put the apps on you want and run it yourself.

Not sure what you mean. Most of the add ons update automatically, however when one changes as NJM soccer did yesterday, you simply uninstall it and reinstall it exactly the same way?

The mechanics are exactly the same, the "build" is just the interface.

As I've said before, I have no issue with people doing their own, but for those of us who just want to plug and play, the beast is excellent.

When I had it installed there was a few things that went down (Zeus being one of them) and it seemed a right fuck on to try and get rid of them so I could just use what I wanted. I also found the amount of times I would click on something and it would lead me to the wrong place very annyoying.

Anyway, it took much longer to install or update the thing than it takes me install the apps I want, and I have to say I prefer the standard Kodi skin to the one that all of the other skins are based on. But I suppose when you first get an android box or fire stick and you don't know what you're doing, downloading something like the beast gives you everything you need straight away.