Kodi

Christmas Tree

Only the truly retarded buy these things fully loaded. And only their more retarded brethren openly sell them online. Whatever happens to this bloke, I don't see how it affects anyone savvy enough to set one up themselves.

• 4 weeks later...

Quick question and quite a trivial one...

I had just a bog standard Kodi install on a Firestick using Exodus, which was great. My mate then installed a 'Build' (What is a build exactly btw, a collection of Addons?) Anyway, Exodus still works but now the Exodus menu is more basic. I used to scroll down images of the covers, now I scroll down text menus. All works fine, just a minor niggle. Any ideas?

Ta 

When you're on the page with the list instead of pics, open the left slideout menu.  Change "View:List" to "View:Thumbnail" (you'll see your other options theee too).

What is a build exactly btw, a collection of Addons?

Exactly.  Just avoid them unless you really want one as otherwise you'll end up bloating your device with a load of crap you don't need and slow everything down.

When you're on the page with the list instead of pics, open the left slideout menu.  Change "View:List" to "View:Thumbnail" (you'll see your other options theee too).

Exactly.  Just avoid them unless you really want one as otherwise you'll end up bloating your device with a load of crap you don't need and slow everything dC

Cheers! 

• 2 weeks later...

Well after initially having one of those builds on and getting sick of booting it up to find a blank menu and having to faff on for 10 minutes updating everything and restarting to get it working I sacked it all off and have just added Exodus and a few others to the blank Kodi. It's a fucking million times better, no random crashes, works every time I turn on, etc, game changer as Gloom would say. 

As long as you're even remotely clued up it's much easier to do it that way.  Mind you I did set up my mates a while ago and because he doesn't have a clue, when I went round his the other week it, it was somehow in a right state.  I can see how a build might work better for someone like that.

people should always just listen to me

:lol: Aye, I just went with CT's build stuff as I thought if he could manage it then it would be straightforward, I suppose it helped me figure out what I need which is really just Exodus. Now I know what everyone, yourself included, was meaning by saying it's bloated as anytime I opened it there was 20 things updating that I'd never heard of and it ground the thing to a halt until they were done (or crashed it).

• 1 month later...

My sister wants an android box for her hubby for Xmas. The bloke can't even put a picture up so it needs to be ready to go out of the box. Anyone got a link for a decent pre-set up box for sale?

CT's got to be dying to post, here, mind.

I got an amazon fire stick, loaded it with kodi and exodus etc etc, its mostly fuckin hopeless for sport thought. So I stole my old mans email address and BT internet account details, then talked my father in law into giving me his sky go log in with full sports subscription :good:B)