Kodi

Christmas Tree

2 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

What?  It's got HHH in man.  Not to mention her off Dazed and Confused.  It's my favourite of the lot.

I don't want you to come over anymore.

10 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

Mission accomplished.  That was a close one.

Don't worry, I'm bringing a carboot full of Marvel movies, Marvel comics and essays on comics to your house to show you why you're wrong. It should only take 7 or 8 hours, but I'm bringing my own projector and I'll grab some doritos on the way.

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Don't worry, I'm bringing a carboot full of Marvel movies, Marvel comics and essays on comics to your house to show you why you're wrong. It should only take 7 or 8 hours, but I'm bringing my own projector and I'll grab some doritos on the way.

Well as long as you bring some dip for the doritos.  I'm quite partial taramasalata myself.

Well, ok, but purely because it sounds mint in a Geordie accent. 

"... and that's why the excellent characterisation of Blade by Snipes was ruined by the poor direction, poor script and poor supporting actors."

"Aye, whatever, pass us the taramasalata ye fuckin nerd!"

8 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Some might work for a little while but the “community” is talking about end of days.

Seems one repo has also closed which was the home of URL resolver and a lot of dependcys that most Addons use.

https://t.co/EPR7pdk2xy

Even Ares seem to have chucked in the towel.

Whatever. It's been end of days with all this stuff, in perpetuity. Someone always picks it up again. 

28 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Well, ok, but purely because it sounds mint in a Geordie accent. 

"... and that's why the excellent characterisation of Blade by Snipes was ruined by the poor direction, poor script and poor supporting actors."

"Aye, whatever, pass us the taramasalata ye fuckin nerd!"

That is pretty much exactly what I imagined.

Exodus still working perfectly for me plugged into Trakt and Real Debrid.

I think I mentioned earlier in the thread how I completely reinstalled it with the new source and it's been grand since that.

2 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Been finding Exodus worse and worse recently and, tbh, I didn't even bother myself to look for an alternative. I'll give Poseidon a bash before watching Stranger Things.

Exodus hasn't been getting maintained for a few months now.  I still find it works ok when I've used it mind but I think only with RD.  Covenant and Poseidon are forks of it so do exactly the same job.  If you've not already got them on though, it looks like you might struggle to get them for the moment.  Particularly Covenant as it's on the Colossus repo that has been pulled for the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

I can still get Exodus, Covenant and a new one called Fantasic working pretty well but I've also started using Showbox again and Terrarium on my android box instead of Kodi and they really are excellent.  There's also a one called Livenet which has a lot of live channels.  I've used it as a back up for my paid sports app.  It buffers a bit  and personally I wouldn't rely on it, but it's got really good streams of Sky Sports and BT as well as the movie channels and lots of foreign channels.

3 hours ago, The Fish said:

going to have to strip mine back to the bare bones and start again I think. All the old ones are letting me down Exodus, Salts, etc.

Be careful because a lot of the repos that still work if you have them, apparently wont let you connect with them now if you don't.  So I wouldn't get rid of them.  Exodus still does work but I find I have to do a search three or four times to get a full set of links (the same goes for Covenant).  Fantastic is working properly though and is just another fork of exodus.  But if you're using an android box, I would recommend Showbox and Terarrium as (at the moment at least) they're much quicker and more reliable (although with Showbox in particular they perhaps don't have quite the same level of content as I could get with a fully working Exodus).  For some reason there doesn't seem to be the same effort being made to shutdown these programs as there is apps on Kodi at the moment.  I know Showbox has been going for years.

Edited by David Kelly

7 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

Be careful because a lot of the repos that still work if you have them, apparently wont let you connect with them now if you don't.  So I wouldn't get rid of them.  Exodus still does work but I find I have to do a search three or four times to get a full set of links (the same goes for Covenant).  Fantastic is working properly though and is just another fork of exodus.  But if you're using an android box, I would recommend Showbox and Terarrium as (at the moment at least) they're much quicker and more reliable (although with Showbox in particular they perhaps don't have quite the same level of content as I could get with a fully working Exodus).  For some reason there doesn't seem to be the same effort being made to shutdown these programs as there is apps on Kodi at the moment.  I know Showbox has been going for years.

I'm just using my pc which is hooked up to my tv.

I'll try fantastic and Covenant though.