Kodi

Christmas Tree

18 hours ago, adios said:

Aye, pretty sure you're on the same one as me which I've forwarded to him.

Is that still the one I sent you ages ago? If so glad to see you're still using it as it's always been spot on for me.

On 3/2/2018 at 18:18, Christmas Tree said:

VPN's

As far as I'm aware no end users have ever been taken to court for streaming a video so why are people buying VPN's. I don't think any judge has yet declared the act of streaming is illegal and no film body is even contemplating trying to sue an end user. Isnt this just a scam where a lot of "geeks" are laughing all the way to the bank?

VPN's are used for a lot more than just Kodi man, for example if you download Torrents then your ISP can't see what you're downloading, which is something people have been prosecuted for.

Also have a read up on a little thing called GCHQ.

26 minutes ago, Tooj said:

VPN's are used for a lot more than just Kodi man, for example if you download Torrents then your ISP can't see what you're downloading, which is something people have been prosecuted for.

Also have a read up on a little thing called GCHQ.

Aye, I totally understand if you’re downloading a hard copy from a torrent site, but no end user has ever been prosecuted for streaming a movie.

3 hours ago, Tooj said:

Is that still the one I sent you ages ago? If so glad to see you're still using it as it's always been spot on for me.

Aye, almost positive it's the same one.  Always been grand for me (and a few others on here now I believe).

Cheers again. :good:  

I'm sure there used to be a way to change the default view to 'Wall' or whatever.  I'm using Aeon Nox now and was using the default Kodi Krypton version before that and can't figure it out.  I'm using Neptune Rising fwiw but I'm pretty sure it's a skin-level problem (or lower).

It's kind of a pain to change it every time I move to the next page when browsing through movie lists.  Am I being thick or can you not do this?

My subscription service has been working and since the split between the two, what they offer is much better.  That being said, some of the streams have been buffering a little bit more than usual the last few days.  A bit of playing around with the server selection seems to sort it though.  I had the cricket on Saturday morning and I don't think it buffered at all in about four hours.

This subscription always told people not to use a VPN as they then couldn't tell if you were sharing your account with too many people.  Not sure what their thoughts on it are now they've split from the other one.

On 03/03/2018 at 12:41, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Seems like the streaming service we all (?) use for the sport has well and truly been shitting the bed the last few weeks and not a single working link for anything today. If anyone is using owt different, PM me the links.

I think you and I were using the same one.  I've seen them getting some shit on twitter, largely because the twats keep hiding but I'm not having any problems with it really other than a little bit of buffering.  I got myself a new firestick a few weeks ago and the app on that is excellent.  I changed the server to US NJ2 a few days ago when everything was down and it came straight back on.  It seems like some people were having more problems though.  I couldn't work out whether it was because they just couldn't work out how to use it though.

OK, this one has to be me being thick:

Where is Neptune pulling its ratings from?  It's not up-to-date imdb or tmdb, that's for sure.

Does anyone else have a problem with the ratings being basically useless for slightly new or lesser-known films because the sample is so small?

Depending on the skin, it'll show up in the information panel at the side of say InfoWall or in the right-click context menu in the information box.

It's just that I'll browse through the "people watching" for new films that look interesting and then I have to 

I compared a bunch of them to tmdb/imdb and they didn't match.  They also tend to have like 10% (maybe 20%) of the sample size on imdb which makes me think they might be really out of date ratings.  Would be great if I could just plug Universal Scraper into Neptune (or any of its many incarnations).

2 hours ago, David Kelly said:

I think you and I were using the same one.  I've seen them getting some shit on twitter, largely because the twats keep hiding but I'm not having any problems with it really other than a little bit of buffering.  I got myself a new firestick a few weeks ago and the app on that is excellent.  I changed the server to US NJ2 a few days ago when everything was down and it came straight back on.  It seems like some people were having more problems though.  I couldn't work out whether it was because they just couldn't work out how to use it though.

For me, every single option just wasn't loading. Not opening and then buffering, just not even opening. Changed servers and still got nothing. Just checked a few channels at random there and it seems to be back up but I'll see how it goes for Man Utd/Palace tonight.

I only watch series' on the tablet and movies on the TV/computer. So that was the inverse of helpful, cheers. :razz:  

Just now, Ayatollah Hermione said:

For me, every single option just wasn't loading. Not opening and then buffering, just not even opening. Changed servers and still got nothing. Just checked a few channels at random there and it seems to be back up but I'll see how it goes for Man Utd/Palace tonight.

You using the android app or Kodi?  Not that I think it should really matter as I'm running both and they've both been working.  Did I see you say you've Virgin internet?  If so that's the same as me so I wouldn't think it would be something to do with them.