Kodi

Christmas Tree

Aye it's a bit like having free view or Sky ;)

There's probably stuff on there that I might never use or watch (just like Sky), but it's ready made and easy to use.

As for your few 3 channels, that's all well and good until your football channel is down on a Saturday and you have to hunt around for one that works.

With this I have several football channels sitting there so if one is down I flick the remote and happy days.

Horses for courses really.

No, there are dozens of football channels on vdubt. Beast uses exactly the same ones. As it does for the films and TV shows on Genesis. Shite you would never use is still using the memory on your device though and making the stuff you want to watch run worse.

It's more like buying a shit swiss army knife with 25 tools, including a shit screwdriver that doesn't grip very well, or buying an actual screwdriver because that is what you want to use.

I'm on BT and I've had no issues with any of the sources on it in all honesty. Genesis gets updated quite often and searches for 'live' sources for every show/film you click on so you're not spending ages going through dead links before finding a working one.

Back is worse than ever tbh but cheers for asking.

Ugh sorry to hear that about your back. Must be awful.

Would you mind sending me the link to your box thing again please? Thanks.

Neither do I.

Come on Gemmill, write me a step by step guide. For Christmas!

Honestly, if I knew the crack with this latest thing, I would. I'm not clued up anymore though. There's a guide somewhere on here about how to build one using a raspberry pi that I wrote, but stuff has moved on since then.

Your best bet is to order from the link that @@Tooj is hopefully gonna provide. An android box will be well powered enough for you not to have to worry about bad performance and you'll only need to add a couple of addons (think apps) to get everything you need. Not the kitchen sink approach that CT is advocating, although with the Android box you could feasibly add that and not worry about performance issues.

I have a mac and an apple tv so not sure i need an android box. I thought i could set this up on the mac and just stream it to the TV.

So you'd like a solution but only if it works with Apple products. How about you suck my balls instead? :lol:

HF, if I/Chez get one of these Android boxes, what are the three addons I would need to cover all my film, TV and sports needs, please?

Cheers.

Think these 2 suffice really

Vdubt - https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-install-vdubt25-add-on-kodi-xbmc/

Genesis - https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-manually-install-gotv-for-xbmc/

But this is also good for sports

Phoenix - https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-install-phoenix-for-xbmc/

I have a mac and an apple tv so not sure i need an android box. I thought i could set this up on the mac and just stream it to the TV.

Think Apple blocked it in the second generation Apple TV. Need either a chromecast, a firestick, a Raspberry Pi or a wire from your Mac

Nice one, cheers.

Chez, if you ever get over your Apple obsession, see the above. :razz:

Think Apple blocked it in the second generation Apple TV. Need either a chromecast, a firestick, a Raspberry Pi or a wire from your Mac

If it works on the mac then you can just use the ATV as a mirror. I wouldnt even begin to know how to jailbreak an ATV to put something like this on but you dont need to have it installed on the ATV just on the mac itself.

Nice one, cheers.

Chez, if you ever get over your Apple obsession, see the above. :razz:

I'd buy the android box if needed but isnt that just to connect to the TV? Am happy to get the box but just want to check i really need to.