Relegation ?

trooper

I'd settle for them getting 4 points now Tbh, and think they will. But I still think we have at least a 30% chance now let alone after next weekend if permutations go as well as possible, as fish alluded to. He neglected to mention that Villa have lost ten in a row. We've already beaten spurs this year, it's not beyond us to get a point at home with benitez as our manager, ffs carver beat west ham last year when he had to. He also neglected to mention Sunderland's win record is very poor and that's what they need.

I understand and feel the apprehension myself, but logically under the scenario fish presented we have a better than 30% staying up.

So you're about 70% now? So you're arguing over 10%?

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too fucking right. Probably nearer 15% though actually.

Fair dos

We have the worst away form in the league bar Villa, we're their best chance of getting any points before the end of the season. We weren't great against Palace and they've been shocking. We won thanks to a good goalkeeping performance and a moment of brilliance. So I'm not as confident as some that we'll definitely beat them. We might well draw.

Honestly, if they didn't have the game in hand against Everton at home, I'd be much more confident. But that extra fixture at home against a team with a terrible defense? Nah, I'm not confident at all.

Fair dos

We have the worst away form in the league bar Villa, we're their best chance of getting any points before the end of the season. We weren't great against Palace and they've been shocking. We won thanks to a good goalkeeping performance and a moment of brilliance. So I'm not as confident as some that we'll definitely beat them. We might well draw.

Honestly, if they didn't have the game in hand against Everton at home, I'd be much more confident. But that extra fixture at home against a team with a terrible defense? Nah, I'm not confident at all.

This is pretty much where I'm at. Everything is still a real struggle for us and I don't see it being better than that for the rest of this season. The begining of the game at Anfield showed that we're still likely to let in poor goals and the first half (in particular) on Saturday showed we are still a million miles away from being a free flowing attacking team. It's quite possible we will win on Saturday but it's equally as possible we won't. It just seems very unlikely to me that we will finish on a six match unbeaten run. I doubt there's many teams who have had six match unbeaten runs all season and we're one of the worst teams in the division.

We're staying up, the mackems wont win another game and Colback will score a 25 yard raker against Spurs to give us a 1-0 win over them.

We'll do a Leicester with Colback as captain

They would have to stop selling rope on wearside

ChmlMkAWsAAYsuJ.jpg

The Parachute & TV money in the championship will be £22m more than the last time we went down and our most recent wage bill was £6m less than the 08/09 bill we cut by £24m.

Ashley had to put £29m in last time we went down, so it looks like we'd pretty much break even in our first season down if we cleared half as much off the wage bill.

We're going down lads. Stop making it worse for yourselves.

TBF CT if everyone said we were going down without doubt you'd be saying, "put your feet up lads, another Premier League season next year, we'll be OK :picknose: ".

When people do this sort of crap it almost always blows up in their faces ten fold. Maybe not next week, perhaps not even next season, but eventually.

They went acka like this last time we went down, in the season we spent getting promoted they fought relegation again. We then finished above them our first season back, while they battled relegation, we finished 5th, while they battled relegation, both teams then fought relegation for the seasons since. Okay we've probably went down but I feel comfortable assuming they will spend next season pretty much exactly how they've spend this season, only they'll be scrapping Boro who probably wont gift them the points we have in recent years.

They went acka like this last time we went down, in the season we spent getting promoted they fought relegation again. We then finished above them our first season back, while they battled relegation, we finished 5th, while they battled relegation, both teams then fought relegation for the seasons since. Okay we've probably went down but I feel comfortable assuming they will spend next season pretty much exactly how they've spend this season, only they'll be scrapping Boro who probably wont gift them the points we have in recent years.

3 top ten finishes in like 60 years and they think they'll finish 'comfortably midtable' :lol:

Fat Sam won't last 10 games

3 top ten finishes in like 60 years and they think they'll finish 'comfortably midtable' :lol:

Fat Sam won't last 10 games

No chance of them finishing mid-table. Especially with Defoe being 1 year older, they got lucky he never had an injury this season really. I can see them sacking the fat cunt aye, they seem to buzz off him even though he is completely at fault for where they are.

No chance of them finishing mid-table. Especially with Defoe being 1 year older, they got lucky he never had an injury this season really. I can see them sacking the fat cunt aye, they seem to buzz off him even though he is completely at fault for where they are.

Not completely but fuck me he's basically had all season, they talk about the shit start under previous messiah Advocaat but they had more points then us when the dick left. It took him ages to realise stop playing Toivonon and play Defoe ffs :lol:

Edited by gpirlo68

Not sure why I bothered reading this article - http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11678/10277925/newcastle-relegated-from-the-premier-league-what-went-wrong

Anyway, had a glance at the comments for it and to little surprise we've already got a "fans got what they asked for after Pardew left" and even a bonus "went wrong when Big Sam left".