Relegation ?

trooper

I think that the most disappointing thing about relegation this time has been the standard of WUM we have had on here. The arts of subtlety and humour appear to be long lost.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they're trying their best mind, they're just thick as fuck.

They might have more joy on NO tbh, I think this forum tends towards impenetrability on being wound up.

Anyone know if they're getting any of this shit over there too?

Just had a quick look and it doesn't look like it. I'm sure they just started hammering our nicknames into google "Errrm BARCODES forum... nah errrrrm MAGGIE-BASTARDS forum.... erm nah.. TOON forum... ah here wu gaahh"

Alan Shearer on the relegation.

I AM devastated, hurt and angry that my club has been relegated again.

Memories come flooding back from 2009 and it is painful.

I am not looking forward to a season of Championship football and I really feel for the staff who are going to lose their jobs.

But there is no getting away from the fact that this has been on the cards for a long time now.

Lessons have not been learned from 2009, the same mistakes have been made and the club has got what it deserves.

It is like groundhog day.

I watched Sunderland’s 3-0 win over Everton on Wednesday night in a pub with some pals, all of us Newcastle fans.

Some of them didn’t renew their season tickets last year and I’d be surprised if the others do now.

Last time Newcastle went down their average attendance was still huge.

But I suspect that might be different this time around because the people at the top of the club are just not learning.

Under Mike Ashley, Newcastle’s sole intention has been simply to stay in the Premier League and make money.

It hasn’t been to win a trophy or get to Wembley — it has just been about avoiding relegation.

So it is ironic that when the big money comes in next season, Newcastle are not going to be there.

People at the club need to take a long hard look in the mirror and big decisions need to be made. Everyone has questions to answer, starting with the owner.

Before Newcastle’s final-day clash with West Ham last season, Ashley was asked where the responsibility lay for the club’s problems and he replied “my door”.

But he has continued to take a back seat and has instead allowed people to run his football club and make huge, huge errors.

Managing director Lee Charnley has been the man in charge of the club’s managerial appointments. They include last summer’s hiring of Steve McClaren, which did not work at all.

He compounded that mistake by only making a change with ten games to go.

Then you have chief scout Graham Carr who has overseen recruitment and that has been terrible.

Let’s not forget the players. They have not taken responsibility for themselves.

The one thing you have to do in the Championship is to fight and scrap.

So clearly this team has to be ripped up because they do not currently have the characters to do that.

I hope St James’ Park is only going to see Championship football for one season and one season only, like last time they went down, although I can’t confidently predict that will be the case.

It would be brilliant if Rafa Benitez stayed and tried to get Newcastle back up.

But like I have previously said, I would be amazed if he does because he will have offers from all around the world, including the Premier League.

If Newcastle can’t persuade him, they must get a manager in quickly to start the rebuilding process.

And they have to allow him to manage and let him to bring his own players in — not players that are under 26, that they then try to sell on to make a few quid.

I am sure Sam Allardyce will have had a little smile to himself that this has turned out how it has.

It is incredible when you think that Newcastle have now gone down twice since they sacked him in 2008.

I know Sam and he has done a fantastic job at Sunderland.

As much as it pains me to say it, you have to say well done to him and the club.

They made the decision to make a change when it needed to be made.

If only Newcastle had done the same.

Considering Sunderland remain in the PL........ yes he has done a fantastic job which is a lot more than Raffa the Jaffa did for Newcastle, especially as he failed to get a win against Villa!

No one is biting. If you genuinely believe Sam Allardyce is a better manager than Rafa Benitez you are completely clueless.

I know you lot hate Sam but to be fair the players he brought in during January have helped us a lot. Without them we would have been down I think. Rafa is a good manager no doubting that. Will he stay in championship and do well? Remains to be seen. I honestly think if you'd had stopped up this season you lot would have had a good year next season with Rafa.

All,down to if he stays now and what happens in championship.

I know you lot hate Sam but to be fair the players he brought in during January have helped us a lot. Without them we would have been down I think. Rafa is a good manager no doubting that. Will he stay in championship and do well? Remains to be seen. I honestly think if you'd had stopped up this season you lot would have had a good year next season with Rafa.

All,down to if he stays now and what happens in championship.

I dislike the bloke aye, I can say he is an average Premier League manager though and I think that's a fair assessment of the bloke. Sadly one of your clubs more 'bottom of the barrel' supporters (all supports have them) seems to think he's better than Benitez which tbh is really ridiculous.

I think if we hang onto Benitez we'll come right back up, I can't guarantee it but he really changed us as a team in just the 8 games he had so I think given a full pre-season to work with them we'll do fine. It's a big if at the moment though, without him I'm not as confident of our season.

I dislike the bloke aye, I can say he is an average Premier League manager though and I think that's a fair assessment of the bloke. Sadly one of your clubs more 'bottom of the barrel' supporters (all supports have them) seems to think he's better than Benitez which tbh is really ridiculous.

I think if we hang onto Benitez we'll come right back up, I can't guarantee it but he really changed us as a team in just the 8 games he had so I think given a full pre-season to work with them we'll do fine. It's a big if at the moment though, without him I'm not as confident of our season.

I think Sam done a good job with us since Xmas and hopefully next season we won't be fighting relegation.

If Benitez does leave then you need a manager with experience of getting out of the championship. Some good away days to look forward to anyway so it's not all downbeat. Had some of my best times away from home massive away allocations.

I think Sam done a good job with us since Xmas and hopefully next season we won't be fighting relegation.

If Benitez does leave then you need a manager with experience of getting out of the championship. Some good away days to look forward to anyway so it's not all downbeat. Had some of my best times away from home massive away allocations.

He did well aye, I thought he'd lost it towards the end but he got them going again. He's good at getting graft out of his teams, he'll be fine getting you battling relegation/bottom half but if your club ever have ambitions for higher up the table you'd need to swap him out.

At least we might win some games, I think if Benitez leaves it'll be Cathro in much the same way it was Hughton last time. He's a total unknown tbh and I think most of our 'better' players would be eyeing the exit if Rafa went.

He did well aye, I thought he'd lost it towards the end but he got them going again. He's good at getting graft out of his teams, he'll be fine getting you battling relegation/bottom half but if your club ever have ambitions for higher up the table you'd need to swap him out.

At least we might win some games, I think if Benitez leaves it'll be Cathro in much the same way it was Hughton last time. He's a total unknown tbh and I think most of our 'better' players would be eyeing the exit if Rafa went.

Fuck after the stress of the past few year fighting relegation I would be happy to be safe with more than two games left. Don't ask for much do we haha.

Fuck after the stress of the past few year fighting relegation I would be happy to be safe with more than two games left. Don't ask for much do we haha.

It's a shame that expectations are so low (at both our clubs). Tbh I think if Rafa leaves most of us on here won't give a shit about next season.

Allardyce might do a good job for you but don't bank on it.....he bought some horrendous players for us and played some of the worst football I've ever seen us play, Carver included.

It's a shame that expectations are so low (at both our clubs). Tbh I think if Rafa leaves most of us on here won't give a shit about next season.

Allardyce might do a good job for you but don't bank on it.....he bought some horrendous players for us and played some of the worst football I've ever seen us play, Carver included.

I'm willing to give him the chance. The players he brought in january are the best at the club in my eyes apart from Defoe like would have been fucked without him. Wish he was five year younger. But still looks fit enough for another two year hopefully.

Late charge for the England squad with welbeck out? He's looked more convincing than Rooney of the older strikers tbf

I see Hodgson has included that Rashford kid in his training squad, so it would seem he's ahead of Defoe in Roy's eyes.