Relegation ?

trooper

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's promising but raw, will be like when Sven took Walcott

Aye it's very similar but I think it's possibly even dafter with striker actually being a deep position for England now with Vardy, Kane, etc.

He should be with the U21's getting experience with them, if he's still doing well next season that's when I'd start giving him friendlies etc.

Edited by Howay

I think Defoe is a decent shout as a sub to throw on in the dying minutes when you're chasing the game. Not much of an all round game but he still knows where the back of the net is.

Edited by Dr Gloom

I think Defoe would be more use than Rashford, I suppose if Roy sees the tournament as a complete throw away and just wants to get future players used to tournaments it may be worth taking Rashford but can Roy afford to do that? Surely he barely survived the sack last time after the shambolic world cup.

I think we're going to see Vardy, Kane, and Rooney taken, which I think should be enough strikers anyway (Rooney is guaranteed on the plane for Roy). It's going to be interesting to see if he tries to play Vardy and Kane, or if he's going to just go with Kane and Vardy coming on as a sub.