Relegation ?

trooper

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to be taking 4 points at least from our next two. But you never know with this club what you're going to get.

Actually we've been in this position for years now, fighting relegation. We're shite.

We are currently 5 points worse off than the relegation season

P21 Pts 23 position 11th 2008/09

P21 Pts 18 position 19th 2015/16

We must get back to winning ways & 3 pointers picking up an odd point here & there simply isn't good enough we are in the stage of the season were you look around and hope that teams around you are having worse results than ourselves.

The annoying thing is there's a half decent team in there somewhere, but yes we're right in the shit. We need a run of runs quickly. 7 wins should hopefully be enough

The thing is it's hard to see were those 7 wins would come from given how erratic we're playing.

Even though our points tally is more alarming, I'm more confident about survival than last year, when we were awful all year. At least there's the odd good performance to build on. We just need to somehow get a run of wins, one or two to start with should breed confidence and there's enough ability there to win games. We need to start taking chances and fast. Crying out for someone like Remy on loan. The problem is the longer we keep playing well and not picking up the points performances deserve, the harder it's going to be to get out of it.

I'm hoping Shelvey will dramatically improve the quality of chances that fall to our strikers, and that he allows us to build attacks, instead of operating solely as a counter attack side.

Crying out for a left back. Though I don't really get why Uvavu never got another chance. He did nowt wrong, looked a much better bet than Dummet, who I've yet to see put a convincing performance in in that position.

Edited by Dr Gloom

My biggest concern is that we raise our game against the big clubs & still can't pick up 3pts. If Shelvey, Saivet (plus anyone else we bring in) can translate average performances against average teams into wins, and good performances against the top clubs into points, well, we'll shoot up the table, leaving the others around us in our wake as we surge into the heady heights of 15th!

Aye that's my worry as well. Plus almost all the other teams down there are either getting results and/or playing well. In years gone by when we've either gone down or looked like going down I've always looked at the table and though "there's bound to be 3 worse teams than us at the end of the season". Although I think our performances under McLaren have on average been better than for a good few years, I am worried that there doesn't seem to be any totally hopeless teams around us, apart from Villa.

I suppose the 'positive' is the owner will probably realise we need a LB and a striker now too.

Yeah he'll probably realise whether he buys them is a different matter

Edited by trooper