Relegation ?

trooper

Yeah he'll probably realise whether he buys them is a different matter

I think the league position makes more signings much more likely is what I meant really.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much more would they be prepared to pay out this window they may think they can gamble with what they've got now

I think that appetite for that will be lower considering how much more money PL teams get next season when the new TV deal kicks in, it's absolutely imperative that we stay up.

West Ham are a decent side this season, 5th at the minute so hopefully our lot will be up for it.

I don't agree that the club think they can gamble with what they have and I think spunking 12m on Jonjo Shelvey proves that, it's radically different to any transfer behavior under Ashley so I think the club know this squad can't do the business.

I can't help thinking that Perez could be sacrificed for these 2 new signings . With both Spurs & Man Utd interested I don't think Ashley will be able to resist knowing he only paid £1.5 mil for him. We're due a sneaky trick from Ashley I think this might be it I hope I'm wrong

H West Ham 2-1

A Watford 0-1

A Everton 1-1

H WBA 2-1

A Chelsea 0-2

H Man City 0-2

A Stoke 1-2

H Bournemouth 3-2

A Leicester 0-2

H Sunderland 4-1

A Norwich 1-1

A Southampton 2-2

H Swansea 3-1

A Liverpool 0-3

H Palace 1-0

A Aston Villa 2-0

H Tottenham 1-1

P17 W7 D4 L6 = 25pts

I hope I'm vaguely right because that would give us 43 points which should definitely be enough.

H West Ham 2-1

A Watford 0-1

A Everton 1-1

H WBA 2-1

A Chelsea 0-2

H Man City 0-2

A Stoke 1-2

H Bournemouth 3-2

A Leicester 0-2

H Sunderland 4-1

A Norwich 1-1

A Southampton 2-2

H Swansea 3-1

A Liverpool 0-3

H Palace 1-0

A Aston Villa 2-0

H Tottenham 1-1

P17 W7 D4 L6 = 25pts

I hope I'm vaguely right because that would give us 43 points which should definitely be enough.

If we sign the right striker, we can manage that imo. We're playing well and creating chances and we just need someone to stick the ball in the net. Imagine if we had a clinical finisher in those 4 0-1 defeats... Edited by Haydnator

But we are playing decent football mostly - that's where the optimism is for me. The results will come once the consistency of performance is predictable. I do think they are getting there, definite progression month on month.

Good to have matches where I think "shit , we were unlucky to get nothing out of that, we played them off the field"

A big change from winning a match that was shit and negative and seeing players actually getting worse month on month.

"But we're playing decent football - that's were the optimism is for me"

We might be playing great football but we're now on a run of 5 games were we haven't won a game an odd point here & there simply won't be enough. You can have all the optimism you like but the reality is we're the 2nd worst team in the Premiership we might be playing better football but we're not picking up vital points

"But we're playing decent football - that's were the optimism is for me"

We might be playing great football but we're now on a run of 5 games were we haven't won a game an odd point here & there simply won't be enough. You can have all the optimism you like but the reality is we're the 2nd worst team in the Premiership we might be playing better football but we're not picking up vital points

I'd rather be 18th playing good football & strengthening, than be 17th playing shit and gambling on it being enough.

We'll climb out of this even if we don't sign a striker, which I'm confident we will.

We all know we need a proven premiership striker we've been saying it since before the season started. We had a chance with Austin allegedly, but in the end it all came down to money with Ashley unwilling to pay the £15 mil asking price. We've just paid something like £17.5 mil on 2 players over the last couple of days we could probably have managed without them. If we'd bought Austin in the summer instead of haggling over the price we wouldn't be in the predicament we're in now.

I'd rather be 18th playing good football & strengthening, than be 17th playing shit and gambling on it being enough.

We'll climb out of this even if we don't sign a striker, which I'm confident we will.

Without sounding cheeky we're 19th mate

We all know we need a proven premiership striker we've been saying it since before the season started. We had a chance with Austin allegedly, but in the end it all came down to money with Ashley unwilling to pay the £15 mil asking price. We've just paid something like £17.5 mil on 2 players over the last couple of days we could probably have managed without them. If we'd bought Austin in the summer instead of haggling over the price we wouldn't be in the predicament we're in now.

He bought Mitrovic rather than Austin because he gambled on a better potential return on the investment with the former

While I can't say I'm confident we'll stay up, the fact that we are playing decently is a cause for some optimism. Teams who regularly play decently will pick up decent results eventually, just as teams who play badly and win can't keep doing that.

He bought Mitrovic rather than Austin because he gambled on a better potential return on the investment with the former

And that's why the club's in the state it's in profit, profit, profit, Keegan said he hasn't a clue how to run a football club he'd have been better off buying Austin a proven goalscorer. That way we would potentially have been safe in the league & the potenial extra £millions itll be worth by now, we may even have had a bit of a run in the cups instead of being dumped out early doors again.