Relegation ?

trooper

I know what your all saying but we didn't have to be in this situation lessons should have been learned after we were so close to relegation last season. Ashley said the buck stops at his door & we should all hold him accountable more so if we get relegated

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what your all saying but we didn't have to be in this situation lessons should have been learned after we were so close to relegation last season. Ashley said the buck stops at his door & we should all hold him accountable more so if we get relegated

What he meant by "the buck stops at his door" was that he takes all the money.

I don't think anyone isn't holding Ashley accountable.

Villa are awful, however they may start playing with a bit of freedom and take points off clubs around us. They face West Brom and Norwich within the next 3 league games. They can still have a say in how the rest of the league pans out.

Not much has been made of sunderland’s inability to beat 11 men. 50% of their points have come against 10 men (9/18pts)! Each of those 3 red cards were controversial, with only 1 being upheld and that was Shawcross’ 2nd yellow, where I'm fairly sure if you could appeal it, Stoke would have. They do have a quality finisher in Defoe, but I’m not sure if that’ll be enough on it’s own. And their new man Jan Kirchhoff had an interesting debut; conceding a penalty and deflecting a shot home. I can’t see them spending a lot, but Allardyce will likely make them hard to beat, so they might have enough.

Swansea have appointed a new man with a decent record in Italy but they are flogging their stars in a fire sale and seem to be planning for the championship already. They’re quite shaky at the back but win tonight and they’re back out of the bottom 3.

I honestly think we’ll be fine. Would like to see us sign a proper Left Back and maybe some competition at CB/CF but I doubt we'll see anyone added to the backline.

The thing only Norwich have in their favour is Delia Smith’s pies… Their defence is a shambles, the goals they conceded on the weekend were hilarious in their incompetence. If they want to survive they should spend £40m on a striker and some defenders. Instead, they’ve sold £15m of striker & midfielder and brought in a couple left wingers and a right back for a total £12m… They’re like Swansea in that it looks like they’re planning for the Championship already.

Bournemouth are the only other team in the mix that look like they’re willing to spend to survive. £18m on strikers shows they’re willing to bet the house on scoring enough goals to stay up. They need a leader at the back in my opinion, but goals win games and if they’re going to try and Keegan their way out of trouble, then all power to them.

I'm going to do a Fish and say we will get out of it. There's enough there if they stay fit and they continue to put the effort of recent games in. Crying out for a left back and a new striker would help but even without those we should still be alright.

Probably just put the hex on us now.

I'm going to do a Fish and say we will get out of it. There's enough there if they stay fit and they continue to put the effort of recent games in. Crying out for a left back and a new striker would help but even without those we should still be alright.

Probably just put the hex on us now.

The fuck is wrong with you?

Take it back, you jinxing arsehole!

I think we'll pull clear personally, if we can avoid some of the officialling we've had to endure so far. The Sunderland 11 men thing I've mentioned, the fact that we've had 3 contentious first half red cards makes it annoying as fuck that they are even in sight.

I think we'll pull clear personally, if we can avoid some of the officialling we've had to endure so far. The Sunderland 11 men thing I've mentioned, the fact that we've had 3 contentious first half red cards makes it annoying as fuck that they are even in sight.

Thought I saw that on here, but couldn't find it after a cursory glance.

Also, I've just seen Norwich look to be spending £8m on Naismith so maybe they will try and spend their way out of it, although I don't think their striking problems will be fixed by a lad who's never scored 10 in a season and who traditionally plays as an impact sub?

We're cushdy man, we'll end the season with mid 40's points between 12th and 16th. Don't fret and don't worry. Best toon side in a while irrespective of our position, and more to come like Andros Townsend.

Thought I saw that on here, but couldn't find it after a cursory glance.

Also, I've just seen Norwich look to be spending £8m on Naismith so maybe they will try and spend their way out of it, although I don't think their striking problems will be fixed by a lad who's never scored 10 in a season and who traditionally plays as an impact sub?

They don't even acknowledge it though. The luck they've had is surreal compared the the terrible luck we've had. They're happy to think we're equally as shit despite the money we've spent.

Be surprised if we get mid 40s mind. 24pts from 16 games? That's a win every other game.

They don't even acknowledge it though. The luck they've had is surreal compared the the terrible luck we've had. They're happy to think we're equally as shit despite the money we've spent.

Yeah, but that denial is almost cultish. They're like a zealous cult, refusing to acknowledge evidence that counters their entrenched belief.

Edited by The Fish

Demands 5 wins

Villa(A)

Mackems (H)

Norwich (A)

Bournemouth (H)

Swansea(H)

& 3 draws

WBA (H)

Everton (A)

Palace (H)

& allows for 7 defeats

Chelsea(A)

Stoke (A)

Southampton (A)

Liverpool (A)

Spurs (H)

Man City (H)

Leicester (A)

from 7 home games and 8 on the road I just can't see us losing fewer than we get something from.

So would I, though mainly for Leicester winning the title by 7 points.

Would be great like. It's unlikely one of the 'smaller clubs' will get a better chance anytime soon either.

I'm predicting 6 points from Everton and West Brom, taking the pressure off a bit. However if we get less than 3 I think we'll implode, get walloped off Chelsea on telly and be down before the last game of the season.