Relegation ?

trooper

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year I could see the benefit to relegation but I'm not so sure now. The gulf between the PL and championship is only going to widen and we may find we struggle to establish ourselves if we ever come back, with or without Ashley.

i think going down would be a shit thing for us, personally. we got lucky last time and bounced back up. people remember that season fondly because we were on telly loads and winning games, but we could end up down there for years next time.

A shit thing for us the fans but imagine how much worse it would be for Ashley. I don't buy this "we'll it wouldn't affect him because he's a billionaire". It would affect him as soon as the season started because that FREE couple of hours worldwide tv advertising which has seen his fortune expand since he bought us would be gone. Its got to be worth an absolute fortune that's got to hurt him more than anybody else can if he losses that he won't want to know NUFC I honestly think it's our only hope of getting rid off him

GOOD! Fuck the club man. Fuck Ashley, fuck McClaren, fuck Charnley, fuck them all. A foetid gravy train of endless rancid garbage served up and willingly choked on by thousands.

Life support as a vegetable or switch off the machine and hope there is an afterlife. TURN IT OFF FFS.

i've no love for ashley or his henchmen. i still want the football team itself to do well though. that's what it's all about innit, or else why bother at all? i'm not quite ready to give up on them yet and still get a buzz out of a good result or performance, despite the cunts running the show.

EDIT - that said. defeats are becoming way less gut-wrenching than they used to be. it's just a standard saturday afternoon these days.

Edited by Dr Gloom

A shit thing for us the fans but imagine how much worse it would be for Ashley. I don't buy this "we'll it wouldn't affect him because he's a billionaire". It would affect him as soon as the season started because that FREE couple of hours worldwide tv advertising which has seen his fortune expand since he bought us would be gone. Its got to be worth an absolute fortune that's got to hurt him more than anybody else can if he losses that he won't want to know NUFC I honestly think it's our only hope of getting rid off him

knowing our luck Vncent Tan would buy him out and have us playing in red and white stripes

The notion the owner is deliberately skirting with relegation gives him way, way too much credit.

Yeah I know but you just know his tiny heart beats that little bit harder every time his billboard gets a bit extra coverage for being in the position they are in.

If we got relegated he would wank his socks off. We would be on TV more or less every week because we would be a big team on a scalp. More coverage for his empire.

Dunno like, we'd not get seen that much. Not even sure how big a team we are these days versus some of those that we're failing to compete with presently.

If we got relegated he would wank his socks off. We would be on TV more or less every week because we would be a big team on a scalp. More coverage for his empire.

I doubt we'd hardly ever be on

At the minute he's guaranteed worldwide free advertising once a fortnight or when ever the home games are scheduled. I doubt very much he'll get that in the Championship.

I watch the games, get excited that this time, finally, it is all going to click, and then I am let down. I don't really want relegation, but, frankly, I don't care anymore.

Hey, ho. Fox Sports in Oz has lost the Premier League for the next couple of years, so I would probably see much less than I do now. Knowing my luck, they will focus on the Championship instead and it will be the same cycle again, watching them fall into League 1, while still getting excited that this time, finally, it is all going to click, and we will be promoted - which we won't. :bang:

Everton are likely to be sold soon to some yanks for around 200mill, who you'd imagine would then have to build a new stadium, so you can probably treble the price tag at an absoloute minimum. Looking at it like that, the money is out there...somewhere...

After the very good showing and win against West Brom, followed by the abysmal showing and thrashing at Chelsea, I can't help but feel we will go down as we have a lousy record in must-win games, and it would appear there are a number of so-called must-win games in front of us.

I will be surprised if we stay up, but if we do I will be extremely happy. I'm not Catholic but I would gladly light candles.

My problem is that I get to see all the Newcastle premier league games here in Southern California but if we go down that will come to an end as it's geared to the Premier League teams. I'm often surprised when I see a game is not being televised in the UK yet we see it over here.

If the Newcastle match was NOT available to me on my TV programming I could always watch it live on my computer. Now I have bought an Apple gizmo for $160. which allows me to see the streams on my TV(which by the way is 65 inch).

We have a Latino channel here 'Bein' which shows some Championship games with English commentaries but you can bet they won't show Newcastle every week. And you don't know what next season may bring by way of contractual agreements.

This 'Bein' channel shows a variety of sports, mostly football, but believe it or not I watched the Newcastle Falcons beat Leicester on Friday evening.