Relegation ?

trooper

He was banging on about the need to have "men" in a relegation side. That so Graeme? Is that why you signed Luque, Viana, Babayaro & Boumsong?

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was banging on about the need to have "men" in a relegation side. That so Graeme? Is that why you signed Luque, Viana, Babayaro & Boumsong?

Robson signed Viana ;)

We desperately need Colo back, I can't handle watching that Lascelles lad playing while wearing his roller skates anymore, I honestly don't know if I've seen a player slip over as much as he does each match.

Titus Lascellas is what we named in pre season against York :lol:

Aye we need Colo back, although he's obviously past his best he still holds the defence better than the alternatives. I also think having him there will help Shelvey get a bit further up the pitch, as he's still excellent at playing it into midfield and attack from the back. I'm not writing off Lascelles yet though - he's still young and seems to have the ingredients to make a good, physically imposing Premier League centre half. Players of his size get better as they get older, provided they don't end up with injury problems.

Same can be said for Mitro - it looks like he'll be a target man and, with very few exceptions, they all peak late because experience counts for a lot in that position. Look at the likes of Niall Quinn, Luca Toni, Jan Koller etc - they get better as they pass 30, sometimes dramatically so. That's why Carroll was such a prospect - to be as good as he was in that position at 20/21 really bode well for the future. Unfortunately it looks like he'll never end up the player he might have been, but he still has time. Mitro and Lascelles have all the time in the world if they have the desire.

If we do get relegated i expect we will have to sell before we buy.Now knowing Ashley like we do,it will probably mean for example,3 players sold for say £20m and a saving on their wages, and £20m spent on incoming players,including their wages.Obertan,Gouffran,Riviere and Cabella could be regulars next season.Am i correct in saying only Northampton so far have gone form the top tier in english football to the fourth tier in consecutive seasons.

If we do get relegated i expect we will have to sell before we buy.Now knowing Ashley like we do,it will probably mean for example,3 players sold for say £20m and a saving on their wages, and £20m spent on incoming players,including their wages.Obertan,Gouffran,Riviere and Cabella could be regulars next season.Am i correct in saying only Northampton so far have gone form the top tier in english football to the fourth tier in consecutive seasons.

Cabella in the championship?

Lost both our keepers, shit loads of other injuries, makeshift defence, strikers have struggled to score all season. If we stay up it will be the biggest miracle since Sunderland got city status.

:lol: Aye it will, I've not been impressed by the (albeit limited) times I've seen Darlow play so I think it dents any chance we had significantly especially as Elliott has been in good form.

• 1 month later...

So what's the consensus now? Stopping up or not?

By God we've got a chance now if we carry on playing the way we have lately. But that kind of fairy tale doesn't tend to happen to us. I can see some kind of drama ending in heartbreak on the last day of the season

:lol: Aye it will, I've not been impressed by the (albeit limited) times I've seen Darlow play so I think it dents any chance we had significantly especially as Elliott has been in good form.

I'm just glad I was completely wrong about Darlow, the lad has been in fine form in recent weeks. We've been lucky with the goalies stepping up after injuries in that position.

I'm still not allowing myself to think we're stopping up, if we win next week and the other two shit munchers lose then a bit of excitement will start creeping in but we're one crappy goalless draw against Villa away from all of this turnaround coming to nowt.

By God we've got a chance now if we carry on playing the way we have lately. But that kind of fairy tale doesn't tend to happen to us. I can see some kind of drama ending in heartbreak on the last day of the season

Spot on. Heartbreak all the way and a summer of what might have been.

28%

I don't trust Everton and Watford - we're fucked despite the upturn.

We're talking about Sunderland here. S U N D E R L A N D. We're one of the unluckiest clubs in the world, and they're even less lucky than we are.

I'm just glad I was completely wrong about Darlow, the lad has been in fine form in recent weeks. We've been lucky with the goalies stepping up after injuries in that position.

I'm still not allowing myself to think we're stopping up, if we win next week and the other two shit munchers lose then a bit of excitement will start creeping in but we're one crappy goalless draw against Villa away from all of this turnaround coming to nowt.

and Lascelles

We desperately need Colo back, I can't handle watching that Lascelles lad playing while wearing his roller skates anymore, I honestly don't know if I've seen a player slip over as much as he does each match.

;)

To be fair Lascelles did look horrific, Rafa has him much more organized and confident even though he still makes some mental mistakes (like the pass straight to that Man City player, he did then recover well though).

I'm very happy to be wrong on him though as I think Colocinni is a total fucking cunt and hope he never plays for NUFC again, hoping for him to come back thinking we were fucked without him was an awful feeling tbh. We still really need CB's if we stay up mind.

To be fair Lascelles did look horrific, Rafa has him much more organized and confident even though he still makes some mental mistakes (like the pass straight to that Man City player, he did then recover well though).

I'm very happy to be wrong on him though as I think Colocinni is a total fucking cunt and hope he never plays for NUFC again, hoping for him to come back thinking we were fucked without him was an awful feeling tbh. We still really need CB's if we stay up mind.

CT reckons we need a striker.

CT reckons we need a striker.

We need just about everything to be fair, although aye CT did try and argue we didn't really need defenders over January.