Are you really left wing?

Park Life

The left for me used to mean either the reformist left or the revolutionary left. These could be divided into differing strands, groups and arguments, but the aim was pretty much the same, the emancipation of the proletariat.

these days the left seems to be mostly a collection of liberals with the odd political reenactment group here and there attempting to keep some true flame burning.

The only thing that the left appears to be good at (historically) is in the neutering of public anger by redistributing it through the usual bureaucratic channels that end up leading nowhere, with the result being nothing more than a feeling of collective resignation.

Edited by RedfernMag

you can also chuck in the never ending meetings, the pointless A-B marches, toeing the party line (or else!), all that bollocks.

The new spurt in membership might be the start of more grass roots movement...How do you see that?

I'm pretty left wing, even though I'd argue it's not in my interests to be. I put it down to being raised Catholic, which means I'm naturally predisposed to feeling guilty and like I'm not contributing enough.

I voted Corbyn. I agree with a lot of what he says. I would previously have identified as centre ground, but over the years I've become much more cynical of Labour. I don't think they'll end up back in power in this form, I actually suspect they'll split, but they can't keep going on fighting the Tories for the centre. Osborne and Cameron are the true heirs to Blair.