Donald Trump

Anorthernsoul

So Trump has announced he is running. I can't decide if this is a good or bad thing. Trump backed candidates fared badly despite the economic situation and I'm not sure he can win the presidency. Also he might tear the GoP apart further. On the other hand, he might win, especially if Biden runs again. That would surely be a disaster and the end of democracy in the US. Thoughts? 

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I don't think he'll be selected as their candidate but if he does I think he'll lose convincingly. 

I agree, but then I've been completely wrong about assertions like this in the past. I wish Biden would stand down though. If he ran and won the next presidency, he would be 86 at its close, if he lives that long. Surely to fuck there is someone in the democrat party more suitable? 

• Like 1

Is there a chance if he doesn’t get the GOP nomination to run for POTUS in 2024 he’ll run as an independent and completely split their vote? There were three candidates in the ballot when Clinton won, the independent dude had big ears but his name escapes me :cuppa:

29 minutes ago, Renton said:

I agree, but then I've been completely wrong about assertions like this in the past. I wish Biden would stand down though. If he ran and won the next presidency, he would be 86 at its close, if he lives that long. Surely to fuck there is someone in the democrat party more suitable? 

Who though? Harris doesn't seem to have made a big impact.

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

Is there a chance if he doesn’t get the GOP nomination to run for POTUS in 2024 he’ll run as an independent and completely split their vote? There were three candidates in the ballot when Clinton won, the independent dude had big ears but his name escapes me :cuppa:

Was that Ross Perot?

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

Ross Perot. I was only 8 at the time of that election but somehow the name has stuck in my head since.

10 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Why would he do that though? This is all about what benefits him only. If he wins the presidency, he will escape prison. But there is no chance he can win it on an independent ticket. 

7 minutes ago, Renton said:

Why would he do that though? This is all about what benefits him only. If he wins the presidency, he will escape prison. But there is no chance he can win it on an independent ticket. 

You don't think he is that arrogant to think he would still win? 

37 minutes ago, Renton said:

Because he's a greedy and vain cunt. He could potentially go out to spoil it for whoever the Republican candidate is and he can also siphon off loads of money from his well funded super PACs.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Craig said:

He's trying to discredit DeSantis who, by virtue of that very fact, he knows is going to destroy him in the selection process.  

Have you heard his nickname for Desantis: Wrong Desanctimonious  

8 hours ago, ohhh_yeah said:

Oath Keepers leader Stewart Rhodes and group member Kelly Meggs were found guilty of seditious conspiracy Tuesday.

Hope they string them up from a lamppost.  It is what they would want.