Work Christmas parties

Dr Gloom

It's all change for Christmas this year as my firm got taken over by a Scottish company. 

We had a meal at Barluga last Friday (average) with colleagues from the Glasgow and Edinburgh offices. Then on 16 December we have the pleasure of getting on a 7.30am train to Aberdeen (4 hours) wearing our party clothes, meal/speeches/drinks in a 5* hotel then the train back at about 6.30pm. They've booked us onto the quiet coach on the way back FFS. :lol: Honestly can't really be bothered anymore but it's free and a Friday off work.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to Aberdeen for a Xmas party and not even staying overnight? :lol:

We would've had to pay for that bit and payday is the following Monday so I declared myself OUT. :lol:

alreetlike jill! where have you been hiding? 

As if I hadn't been on here for like 4 months man. :lol: My loafing standards are slipping. 

Its pressure though. You get frowned upon when the company puts on an occasion and you make your excuses.

I like the bosses and most of the staff here. They just can't handle their ale.

Mine was last night and I didn't go. You need to get better at not giving a shit.

Its pressure though. You get frowned upon when the company puts on an occasion and you make your excuses.

I like the bosses and most of the staff here. They just can't handle their ale.

Who needs excuses?

• 2 weeks later...

Had a cracking night last night. Some absolute states out like, police and ambulances all over the shop. At one point a paralytic bloke feel over and nearly brained himself

6feet In front of 3 city wardens. They all just stood leaning against the wall with their arms folded leaving a couple of lasses I was with to get him up and check he was ok. The council might as well save its money