Work Christmas parties

Dr Gloom

:lol:

Actually suspect you're right on the IT side. I've got one who'd give yours a run for their money though. We hired her for a basic data entry position, boring as fuck but important for what we do. She's been with us for 2 years and has only only spoken to people when forced and literally can't make eye contact.

She came to the last one and it was painful to watch well meaning colleagues interact with her. Our FD made a sterling effort but she only responded with single word answers all night.

I make a point of saying good morning to her each day and she justs says 'Yes'.

But other than that the IT guys will be worse in general.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm management in an I.T division and you think you've got socially awkward people? wind your neck in lol you don't know man, you don't know!

having to put in the for the free drinks "kitty" is a bollocks as well, i've normally a match the next day and don't; even get a drink out of it

(before someone gives off  ( @@ewerk ) i normally sort breakfast and bottles of the finest "3 for 10" wines for the team and all)

so i'm a generous dictator lol 

I can't be fucked with do's around xmas generally work/football or otherwise for the bars being bunged and it being a bollocks to get home more than anything

A couple of sausage rolls and a cheap bottle of piss? I think you need to be visited by a few ghosts.

The corporate affair at sjp we had to buy tickets for got canned due to lack of interest.

I've not bothered with the team day out on black eye Friday for a couple of years. Don't think I will as long as it's on black eye Friday either.

Well, I hate them usually. I want to enjoy them and when I was company owner I found no one would unwind and everyone just wanted to suck up or were on their best behaviour.

Since then, I've now left the business back in the UK and work as an employee in a small company , and have EXACTLY the same problem, everyone seems so uptight ...  For the first time in my working history I'm trying to find a way to dodge this one.

Whats the point in calling it a party if everyone fears consequence. Its more a social event.

I'm not bothering with mine this year. It's at the same dive that it's been for the last 2yrs where the booze is cheap but rank and too many people turn into arseholes after getting absolutely hammered in the first hour. We have been given permission to get Christmas scrub tops though, so anyone who turns up for emergency surgery and is absolutely shitting themselves will be no doubt calmed and reassured by the sight of us in gingerbread man/santa claus/snowflakes get up. 

There's about 20 of us having a meal in HannahHannah and then out into town. There's worse ways to spend a night than with a load of young (female) nurses :D

Yeah cos predatory, ageing male nurse practitioners are their favourite type of company on a Christmas do..

;)

:lol:

I love this thread.  You see I get called a miserable cunt when I say I don't want to go on mine.  Yet the others that don't, not a sausage is said to them :lol:

I am off this year, it's next Friday.  But I am gonna drive, get my food and fuck off early :lol:  Last year I was in Paris for it, so managed to duck out of it.  Just CBA with it.  The lads I work with are a good bunch, it's just getting in town when it's full of cunts and watching the arse lickers suck the MD's cock.