Work Christmas parties

Dr Gloom

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ours is tonight. I'll go because it's at a new venue (The Gentleman, just opened on the Bigg Market which is near my work). I think we get a buffet and a few free drinks but it's only on until 8pm so I'll not be hanging round too long. Tragically though, it's Christmas Jumper Day at work so if anyone catches sight of us later it's going to look extremely "awkward work Christmas party" and the thought is making me cringe. I haven't got a Christmas jumper on, btw, but I am wearing Santa socks. I haven't been to a proper work party for years because I always seem to have other stuff on.

Got my team's night out next Thursday at Sachins which I'm looking forward to a lot more. There's also a meal for our floor the following night but I'm not going to that as I have other plans.

Christmas Jumpers can go and fucked, :lol: when did that become a thing?

Got our festive peeve on the 20th, after a nightshift.

Should be fun......

Aye we were having a big departmental get together being arranged by some zany kid, and it was gonna be compulsory Christmas jumpers. I was really looking forward to not wearing one and refusing to do any of the wacky forfeits. Thankfully the whole thing got canned though.

Aye we were having a big departmental get together being arranged by some zany kid, and it was gonna be compulsory Christmas jumpers. I was really looking forward to not wearing one and refusing to do any of the wacky forfeits. Thankfully the whole thing got canned though.

Ebenezer!

You should've told them you couldn't come cos you had AIDS.

:lol:

Ours was last night as it happens. Canny meal and a few drinks all paid for by the company. Saw Jermain Defoe as well. I was starstruck, as you can imagine.

If you will insist on having your Christmas bash at Chester Le street cricket club...

I'm up from Jan 2nd-4th if anyone legitimately fancies a belated TT festive pissup. Christmas sweaters optional. :D

Christmas Jumpers can go and fucked, :lol: when did that become a thing?

Got our festive peeve on the 20th, after a nightshift.

Should be fun......

Going on a night out with the lads after coming off nightshift? :lol:

You'll be a waste of a good shirt. (Or Christmas jumper).

Think it was about two or three Xmases ago and me and Tooj were in The Tyne. I reckon about 90% of the blokes in there were wearing 'Festive' jumpers. As you can probably guess I'm a big fan of zaniness, especially when it's forced like that.