Euro 2016

Bizza

:lol: Shearer's 11 btw. No natural winger when we have a kid like Sterling, I like Carrick but he shouldn't be starting for England nowadays like and I don't see why he put Cahill in there other than he has been an England regular in recent years because he has been poor this season.

In reality there's nee way woy will drop the likes of Rooney, Henderson, Walcott completely

Aye, Rooney especially. Hodgson has even had him basically playing CM to ensure he's on the pitch. We should be going with Vardy and Kane up top tbh as those two have been the best two English strikers and I think they'd make a good partnership with Vardy's pace coming off Kanes knock on/hold up ability, all irrelevant mind as like you say it'll be Rooney.

Barkley drifts out wide all the time for Everton, more than capable of playing there. I would have Vardy just off Kane rather than as a no.10

Save your sarky football questions for CT

The same Vardy who is better as the focal point of an attack and stretching defences with his ability to break offside traps and running in behind defences playing behind somebody else doesn't make sense.

It's one thing playing kick and rush against your Watfords and Norwich, quite another in the European championships.

Kane has the better hold up play, he can knock balls down for Vardy who can still use his pace. Worked for years with Shearer and Bellamy.

You're being a right mardy cunt today, a decent argument would include an alternative, not just shooting down posts CT style

Edited by StraightEdgeWizard

There are all shoe horned as fuck like, was it a pre-requisite to play that formation?

England matches interest me even less than the cups nowadays anyway.

And why are they all slices of bread?

It's one thing playing kick and rush against your Watfords and Norwich, quite another in the European championships.

Kane has the better hold up play, he can knock balls down for Vardy who can still use his pace. Worked for years with Shearer and Bellamy.

You're being a right mardy cunt today, a decent argument would include an alternative, not just shooting down posts CT style

My issue would be that I think it's unfair to ask or expect players to perform at international level in roles different to those where they've done the business for their clubs, which is what you'd be doing with Vardy and Barkley. Think Kane and Vardy has some promise though. As does Kane/Barkley, Vardy/Barkley. Not sure I'd play all 3 at once with Barkley wide. I know he drifts wide, as you say, but that's different from asking him to start there.

Not really, Vardy plays up front for Leicester. I wouldn't be asking him to play out wide in a front 3. Barkley has played on the wing numerous occasions for Everton too.

In reality it's impossible to play every player in exactly the same position they play in for their club as different clubs play different formations? If England play 4231 but Dier plays in the middle of a 442 at Spurs then he'll have to play a slightly different position. People get too caught up in formations anyway. Me moving Vardy a 1/4 inch up the screen in the formation I posted makes little to no difference in reality. He's playing up front. Some of that time will be in the box, some of it will be in the centre circle. Whilst a flat back 4 tends to drop into line when defending the same doesn't really happen with a front 2, you go to where the ball is

I think Vardy and Kane both like to be the focal point though. In theory their styles should be able to work together but maybe it wouldn't work. I have no issue with giving it a go though. Anyway, as previously pointed out, it's all probably moot (unless Rooney gets injured).

Maybe, do we have any friendlies prior to the tournament? This is why it's ridiculous to play Rooney in friendlies to further his goal record. I'd rather see Afobe, Vardy, Deeney given a run out to see what they can offer at that level

Aye, totally agree re: Rooney. He'll take the huff if he isn't played in them though as the record is all he's arsed about (as far as England is concerned). I had a look on the Beeb and there's friendlies against Germany and the Dutch in March. I thought there was a game against Australia announced too as it was meant to be being played at SJP or the SoL. Unless the BBC only lists ones where date and venue have been confirmed. But you're probably looking at four games max between now and the tournament in June.

Rooney has massively suffered in domestic and international by being expected to lead the line when it's pretty obvious he's not that kind of player.

In My Opinion.

And why are they all slices of bread?

:lol:

Totally agree with it being daft playing Rooney all the time in friendlies, Hodgson never bothers trying different combinations up top which looks increasingly daft as he now has a decent crop of goal scorers but no idea how/if any of them fit together.

I've no doubt whatsoever we will see Hodgson's favorite players shoe horned into a team and it'll be shite, probably not even get out of the group tbh.