Newcastle United v Aston Villa (19/12/15 17:30 ko Sky)

Haydnator

Only Newcastle fans would be so nervous before a game like this :lol: just the sort of game we lose. If we just show the fight we have shown in the last two we will be able to exploit the quality in our players and will be able to comfortably coast past this lot, they're fucking shite man. They've taken 6 points from a possible 48 with one win this season so far. No excuses for not beating these. But the more I think about it, the more nervous I get.

None the less, some stats.

Newcastle have beaten Aston Villa 68 times, and are the team we have beaten the most in our history.

Newcastle have scored 63 goals vs Aston Villa in the Premier League, which is the second most goals we have scored against a single club. (Spurs are first, whom we have scored 67 against and Everton are third, whom we have scored 60 against)

Last 5 PL meetings v Aston Villa @ SJP

W 1-0

W 1-0

D 1-1

W 2-1

W 6-0

No excuses for not getting 3 points. Would be so sweet to almost basically relegate these wankers after what they did to us at Villa Park in '09. Get straight at them, get an early goal, and have fun. But it's never that simple, is it?

The Villa Forums.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In two minds about how we should approach this one, past of me says don't change a winning formula, let cisse and de jong start and then stick perez and mitro in when the defence is a bit tired, rather than starting the two and having little threat to offer by bringing on cisse or de jong if we do need a goal.

On the other hand we're at home against the worst team in the league, we should be able to get at them from the off.

I'd go with:

Elliott

Janmaat Mbemba Colo Dummett

Colback Wijnaldum

Sissoko De Jong Perez

Mitrovic

Having the likes of Perez and Mitrovic around De Jong will help him link up play unlike the last game out against Spurs and moving Wijnaldum inside will help us dictate the game more and be more comfortable on the ball which is what we miss sometimes .

Edited by StoneColdStephenIreland

Really hope we cuff these, it'll be brilliant if that utter shithole of a club gets relegated. I'm hoping we see similar levels of interest and commitment as the last two games but the fear is they'll switch off, saying that this one is on telly isn't it? so maybe they will be up for it.

I'd like to see us get rid of one of Colback or Anita for this one as I just don't feel they offer anything when we're on the front foot which I expect us to be in for a good amount of this game. I'd also like to see Thauvin at least come on in this one, we need to start giving him game time eventually and this lot are about as soft a target as there is at the minute.

There's no reason we shouldn't win this but let's be honest lads, we win or lose depending on how arsed our players are. Will they be arsed about Villa? Unlikely...

I reckon there'll be some kind of reverting to type from the defence and probably a red card. That said - if we don't play like utter bell ends, and we win, then I think we can reasonably start looking upwards. There's a 4 point gap to make up between us a mid-table but even so, we're pulling the right way.

If we win we'll be on 19 points on Christmas day, and we have two (fairly) winnable games to follow this one. I was praying that we would have around 20 points at Christmas; beat Villa and we have that, and we can definitely start looking up the table. The mackems' fixtures for this month are horrendous, so they're going to probably be cut adrift. If we beat Villa they're as good as down imo.

And our next few games running into the new year after Villa:

Everton (h): We should be looking to win our home games no matter the opponent. This will be tricky mind, but a win is possible.

West Brom (a): The sort of fixtures we should be gannin for the wins. But they're the games we don't show up in, but got to be looking at getting a win here.

Arsenal (a): Forget this one.

Manchester United (h): Man United aren't to be feared imo. This one is on TV so players will probably be up for it.

West Ham (h): Got to be looking at getting a win here.

If we win we'll be on 19 points on Christmas day, and we have two (fairly) winnable games to follow this one. I was praying that we would have around 20 points at Christmas; beat Villa and we have that, and we can definitely start looking up the table. The mackems' fixtures for this month are horrendous, so they're going to probably be cut adrift. If we beat Villa they're as good as down imo.

And our next few games running into the new year after Villa:

Everton (h): We should be looking to win our home games no matter the opponent. This will be tricky mind, but a win is possible.

West Brom (a): The sort of fixtures we should be gannin for the wins. But they're the games we don't show up in, but got to be looking at getting a win here.

Arsenal (a): Forget this one.

Manchester United (h): Man United aren't to be feared imo. This one is on TV so players will probably be up for it.

West Ham (h): Got to be looking at getting a win here.

Let's not get carried away like :lol: We're easily capable of losing every single one of those...

Really hope we cuff these, it'll be brilliant if that utter shithole of a club gets relegated. I'm hoping we see similar levels of interest and commitment as the last two games but the fear is they'll switch off, saying that this one is on telly isn't it? so maybe they will be up for it.

I'd like to see us get rid of one of Colback or Anita for this one as I just don't feel they offer anything when we're on the front foot which I expect us to be in for a good amount of this game. I'd also like to see Thauvin at least come on in this one, we need to start giving him game time eventually and this lot are about as soft a target as there is at the minute.

Aye I would like to see Thauvin given a run out. He looks like he gives a shit in his recent cameos and has looked quite decent. Wouldn't start him but I would put him on at some point for sure, hopefully when we're 2-0 or 3-0 up.

I'd happily take a 1-0 win. Cant say we've turned a corner till you start winning these games.

Spot on, they've looked good in basically all the games against big sides (including the first half against Man City) the problem has been they've not bothered going onto the pitch against lower sides. If they can go out and pull off a comfortable 2-0 win it'd go a long way towards making people feel more comfortable.

At work so can't watch, but is that him saying Demba Ba would choose Villa over Newcastle?

Aye, bigger club.

He's a fucking tool coke head wanker.

"Aston Villa want to score goals, Liverpool want to score goals.."

You thick cunt, thats the aim of football, every fucker wants to score goals.

Edited by wykikitoon

Be mint if they go down like. I'll be digging out some Vera Lynns. Apparently the most least points any team has had in the PL after this amount of games and survived is 9. They're on 6. Also 8 points from safety, the worst goal difference in the league and averaging less than 0.5 points per game. Away win