Newcastle United v Aston Villa (19/12/15 17:30 ko Sky)

Haydnator

I'd drop Sissoko. Off a bridge, preferably. Just attach a wheelie bin to some kind of conveyor system and have it move up and down the right hand side. Or get James Milner back for the same effect.

This.

Or Raul Fox

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we'll see the Liverpool/Spurs lineup against Everton.

If we set up to control the game we won't manage it, they're a better side than us in that regard and they're very dangerous on the counter with Deulofeu, Barkley and Lukaku playing.

We'll counter against them, let Cisse(if he's fit) and De Jong be a mild inconvenience to their defence for an hour and then bring on Perez/Mitro/Thauvin when its more stretched.

I think we'll see the Liverpool/Spurs lineup against Everton.

If we set up to control the game we won't manage it, they're a better side than us in that regard and they're very dangerous on the counter with Deulofeu, Barkley and Lukaku playing.

We'll counter against them, let Cisse(if he's fit) and De Jong be a mild inconvenience to their defence for an hour and then bring on Perez/Mitro/Thauvin when its more stretched.

Cisse is out.

I'm of a different opinion regarding McLaren's "Game Plan" in that I don't think hes got one as such, more a "Team coaching plan" - play this style until they can string 5 passes together, water carrying, trying to retain possession - then introduce more freedom of movement and forward play when he thinks they can manage to play 75 minutes of consistent "do nothing" football.

In all honesty, I don't think they are there yet. All theory but reading between the lines with McLaren's "pass 6 times thing" it's like exercises we used to do in coaching with pro coaches.

I don't think he's got the tools to be doing advanced game plans is what I'm saying, play this way at home, play this way away - until the guys have got the bloody basics nailed.

Still infinitely better than Pardew. End Of.