Which transfer was the most disappointing?

The Fish

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reviewing his stats, 9 goals in two seasons is a bit disapponting. I loved the crazy bastard though. Never bought the whole argument that signing him and batty cost is the title by affecting the balance either. The players were good enough, we just choked. Never recovered from the Liverpool game, or Man U's smash and grab raid of St James's.

3 out of how many? iirc he signed a lot of shite like des hamilton the sparrowhawk and his own useless son

Andreas Anderson as well. :lol:

He signed Hamann as well who had a good season before fucking off to Liverpool. I thInk Speed and Given's best football was undoubtedly under Sir Bobby which doesn't help Dalglish's cause.

Andreas Anderson as well. :lol:

He signed Hamann as well who had a good season before fucking off to Liverpool. I thInk Speed and Given's best football was undoubtedly under Sir Bobby which doesn't help Dalglish's cause.

Aye Hamman looked a great signing for that season - he was class, and went on to prove what a top player he was at Liverpool. I remember being gutted when he left

Reviewing his stats, 9 goals in two seasons is a bit disapponting. I loved the crazy bastard though. Never bought the whole argument that signing him and batty cost is the title by affecting the balance either. The players were good enough, we just choked. Never recovered from the Liverpool game, or Man U's smash and grab raid of St James's.

I remember being at Wimbledon during Dalglish's first full season with a disinterested Tino moping about up front. The standard of football being served up was dreadful compared to what we'd been used to in the previous 4/5 years and the crowd was quiet and subdued, until some lad stood up and shouted "Dalglish, this is fuckin shite!" for which he got a standing ovation of agreement. A lot of these disappointing signings suffered from chronic bad management. Hamman falls into that department tbf, but nothing excuses refusing to come out for the second half of an FA cup final, the spineless fuckin twat.

I suppose Tino was a bit disapointing for the massive expectations that came with him but I still loved most of his time here.

Viana is a good shout. I remember him absolutely destroying England U21's for Portugal and I really thought he was one of the best young players in the world. He ended up decent throughout his career but never got near where he looked like he should have.

Most of Dagliesh's signings were shit but I never had any real expectations of Serrant, Disco Des or Gary Brady. Solano would probably fit into the catagory of one of the most surprisingly good.

Robertson was a goal machine at Hearts when they had a side who were decent for the Scottish leagues, plus there were loads of Scots, Irish and Welsh in the football leagues who were good players so I just assumed he'd be the dogs bollocks when he signed in my teenage Haydonator enthusiasm. That was a disappointment which was made even worse when we got relegated that season.

Never been enthusiastic about the Toon since the 2011-12 season.

Gavilán was a Robson signing. Dalglish barely picked his son but Gullit did fairly regularly. Surprised no ones mentioned Asprilla...

Yeah you're right about Gavilan. I went back and had a look at Dalglish's transfers and by god there was some shite in there! I'd forgotten about Brian Pinas.....one of my all time favourite comedy football names.

Robson

Yeah you're right about Gavilan. I went back and had a look at Dalglish's transfers and by god there was some shite in there! I'd forgotten about Brian Pinas.....one of my all time favourite comedy football names.

Mick Wadsworth was intent on finding South American players for us for some reason. Gavilan, Fumaca, Bassedas and Acuna were all his recommendations.

Given the number of caps he had and the 1988 cost of him, Kenny Sansom was utter shite. To this day no toon player who has played for England has more caps than him, 90 he had when he signed for us, yet he was a joke. Without doubt alcoholism had already started with him when he signed for us.