Pavel Srnicek passes away

Meenzer

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started my career wanting to be a 'keeper, bought my first top and wanted Pav's name on the back but the kid in the shop advised me to get Hislop as he'd likely be first choice. Still got it somewhere. Went on to be a 2 in 1 striker, a display of the minging scouting in the area.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

They were planning on a charity match next summer with the players from "The Entertainers" team before this tragedy occurred. I'm sure that will still go ahead but as a Pav Remembrance Day aswell.

It's a go.

October 9th!

Milan Srnicek:

"I’m honoured and I greatly appreciate it."

"I’ve never been between the ‘sticks’ so I hope I will not disgrace the name Srnicek and I am extremely happy that I will be back among people who so loved my brother so much."

"I am taking the challenge very seriously and my brothers’ last club, Sparta Prague, have invited me to train with them."

"Dan Zidka is the goalkeeping coach who worked with Pavel and will train me."

Steve Harper:

"As someone who witnessed the Entertainers day-in, day-out, in the mid-90s just prior to my breaking into the first-team squad."

"I’m honoured to be asked to replace Pavel and to split the goalkeeping duties with his brother Milan."

"I can remember Milan regularly came to watch us training at Maiden Castle back in those days and hopefully he’ll have picked up some useful tips from his brother."

• 4 weeks later...

Aye I was there. Tino was crippled, runs like a 70 year old. Srnicek's brother couldn't catch a cold. Beresford, Gillespie, Stone, Shearer, Dabizas, Fox all still reasonably fit. Pedro still got the shimmy too, although you can tell he's getting on a bit now