Merry Xmas

Ausman

My mam phoned to say merry christmas, talk to my daughters etc then told me some nice kid decided to be Lewis Hamilton down my folks street and his hit a load of parked cars including my dad's car before crashing into someone's gate and wall and ending up stopped into a car. Police are starting at one end of the street and working their way down. On Christmas day. What a fucking wanker. When I was a kid that street would've been full of kids on new bikes/playing out with new Christmas stuff but luckily enough there was nobody out, thank God.

Merry Christmas! :)

*has amended the board to make it xmasy*

I love the fact it even works on my mobile :lol:

I'm also now at work so all you turkey-filled, booze-sodden gits can all piss off! :razz:

:lol:

I've just had the most amazing conversation with my mam, Ma Fist.

She worked at/ frequented clubs like the Pariji (sp) The Club A-Go-Go and Greys in the 1960s.

All this I was well aware of, (one of my earliest memories is sitting on one of the roulette tables in Greys, playing with the chips and dice aged about 3- an uncle, who married her sister, owned Greys until the mid 70s, which was how the conversation got started), but I'd never really quizzed her about what it was like- did the reality match up to the perceived idea of Newcastle in the 60s?

Briefly, she was good mates with Chas Chandler and Eric Burdon, (although in her opinion Burdon was over rated :lol: ), she was on good terms with the Stones, pre- 1965 *, Long John Baldry was a regular stopover at the family home in Benton, and she knocked back " that singer out of the Spencer Davis Group, although if Spencer had tried, she might've been tempted" -that singer being Stevie Winwood :lol:

Mental.

She also recounted her, first hand, version of the Kray's brief visit to Newcastle, which isn't anywhere near as dramatic as Mr. Wraith's fantasy, " they were nice and polite, the gay one was the best looking but his brother was much more pleasant to talk to".

Mind blown- Merry Christmas lads.

* there's a well established tale of Wyman and Watts coming to the family home on Benton Lane to see my , then, 16yr old Aunty just before they became huge. Turns out it wasn't a one-off :lol:

If it's any consolation we all think you're doing a wonderful job.

Thanks pet but I seriously need to sleep now. Like right this minute. The bairn was up at 6.30am yesterday and I'm now hallucinating about a marshmallow-style bed with fluffy pillows..