Kid Dynamite

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So Dos Anjos has pulled out of the McGregor fight with a broken foot

UFC offered Aldo the rematch, 3 weeks after he said he'd fight McGregor anytime, anywhere. He's turned it down :lol:

Nate Diaz has stepped in but as he's only got 10 days to cut weight the fight is taking place at 170lbs, 25lbs above Mcgregor's last fight!

Apparently Khabib, Pettis and Cerrone all offered to take the fight too but they were probably to risky for the UFC they want to protect their product. The Dos Anjos fight will likely

happen at UFC200 now

:o

The Sparta Combat League 48 event in Colorado, booked Ann Perez de Tejada versus Laura Dettman. In the first round Laura used her advantage. After some vicious ground-and-pound, she punched her opponent out in the full mount.

Laura is 24-years-old. Ann is a 68 year old!

See Dana White has talked about how it came about, said that Diaz initially said he would cut to 155lbs but after McGregor said yes Diaz said it had to be at a catch weight of 165lbs. White phoned McGregor back up to ask McGregor if 165 was okay and he said "make it 170lbs" :lol:. I'm looking forward to this as a slugger like Diaz might make this a bit more interesting with it being a rushed fight, he's also great at getting under peoples skin which he did right away with the steroid comment to McGregor.

Aye he definitely has a decent chin. I agree he wont be as big a hitter but hopefully his excellent footwork and timing will make up for that, I think it'll be interesting.

Fully agree regarding McGregor not being on gear, he looked fairly gaunt at lightweight I always thought whereas the weight he is currently walking around at looks a lot more natural. I saw an article saying McGregor has saw 6 opponents in the last 5 years pull out of the bout due to injury, I've no idea how regular it normally is but that seems fairly excessive, do they push themselves harder training for McGregor? fear? Shame it happened mind as I was looking forward to the original match up.

Yeah I don't give Diaz much chance, even if Diaz had months to prepare I'd still put my money on a McGregor win. Just as you say he's not the sort to lose quickly so it'll be interesting especially with Diaz's aggressive style.

Sort of on this topic but does anyone listen to Joe Rogan's podcast? he had Bas Rutten on recently and it was an interesting listen. His Lance Armstrong one was good too.

I used to listen to it but I stopped cos he does far too many, and he just makes stuff up endlessly and claims that "it could totally be true" (aliens could definitely have built the pyramids. That could totally be true dude). And then cos everyone who comes on the show is a relatively uninformed stand up, they go wild about how "well read" Rogan is. :lol:

Burr has Rogan just behind Einstein in the genius stakes.

Aye he does do a lot and a fair few are shite, I tend to just pick and choose depending on who is on. He has got into bow hunting recently and has had a ton of hunters etc on recently which I don't have loads of interest in.

He can chat some shit too, a bloke he had on this week (a comedian) started saying how psychodelics bring you closer to God and that the man just wants to stop that, even Rogan drew the line on that one :lol:.

Burrs is still class, the best part is he tells you straight up that he's fucking clueless before he rants on something.

The Armstrong one is class, I watched it on YouTube over a few days. He also had the lead investigator on the Armstrong case on it a few weeks before Armstrong was on.

Edited by Howay

They've spent all week promoting tonight's card and it's not even on tv ffs.

They're pushing so hard to really get people to buy UFC Fight Pass. Bisping vs Silva was easily the biggest fight they've ever had live on Fight Pass. I've had it for a while, but mostly for the video library.

Card was mostly dull last night. Mousasi vs Leites would have been the worst co-main event in a long time if it hadn't been for Kimbo Slice vs Dada 5000 a couple of weeks ago. :lol:

Main event redeemed the show. It was fucking fantastic.

They sell the rights to a subscription only channel. No chance I'm paying another fee on top

And I don't blame anyone at all for that. Like I say, I paid for the library.

Plus for the first time last night, the live feed collapsed for a lot of people just before the Breese-Nakamura fight. It was down for a good 10 minutes. It went down during the tale of the tape, and didn't come back till there was about 2 minutes left in the 2nd round. Like I say I've never had that problem before, but a bad sign when it couldn't handle the most traffic it's had, and they're trying to make it even bigger.

• 4 months later...