UFC

Kid Dynamite

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its kind of funny that they were desperate for UFC 200 to be an epic celebration event but it failed pretty hard, Conor McGregor upset that plan pretty early and then the Jon Jones thing, that kid has some big problems, he's like the Tyson of UFC, unbelievable talent but seems hell-bent on self destruction, the sudden inclusion of Brock Lesnar seemed like a desperate after-thought.

There was certainly a big lack of excitement and entertainment, too much grappling for it to be engaging to the casual fan. I still can't make my mind up about Brock Lesnar, while he's still fannying around with the WWE it feels farcical, he's clearly a fantastic athlete, but pick a game.

• 1 month later...

Not sure if its time for a specific UFC thread but did anyone see the Diaz vs McGregor rematch?

Thoughts on the decision?

I'm far from an expert but before they announced the winner I thought Diaz had edged it on the cards, I guess McGregor did enough in the first half of the second round to secure the win.

I was surprised that McGregor once again ran out of steam in the second, he looked like he was trying to conserve his energy better than he did in the first fight but he still looked absolutely fucked by the end of the second. Another thirty seconds and he mightn't have seen the end of the round.

I very much doubt we'll see him again at 170.
Edited by ewerk

the take down for Diaz at the end edged it for me, it was clearly close, and I won't argue the first two rounds were clearly McGregor's but I felt Diaz took the last three, certainly I think if that third round had been 20 seconds longer he'd have knocked McGregor out.

McGregor was always going to get the benefit of a Las Vegas decision, he has the "Mayweather" luxury it seems.

Cracking fight though, a great example of UFC for non UFC fans, certainly from the boxing community.

Be interesting to see how many fighters now try to take him to the 3rd round and finish him once he's fucked. His cardio must be shit to be struggling after 10mins. None of that was in the clinch or on the floor either

Diaz is a middle of the road fighter at 170lb and if McGregor fought Lawlor or Woodley he would be murdered. He should either defend the 145lb belt or have a shot at Alvarez at 155lb

Be interesting to see how many fighters now try to take him to the 3rd round and finish him once he's fucked. His cardio must be shit to be struggling after 10mins. None of that was in the clinch or on the floor either

Diaz is a middle of the road fighter at 170lb and if McGregor fought Lawlor or Woodley he would be murdered. He should either defend the 145lb belt or have a shot at Alvarez at 155lb

Judging by McGregor's comments after the fight, that a 3rd fight with Diaz would need to be at 155lbs, it would seem that he agrees with you.

I've avoided the result and just watched it there this morning. Dead close but I thought you could argue that McGregor won 1, 2 and 4 but if the decision had gone to Diaz it wouldn't have been a huge surprise at all.

McGregor's cardio was the big story though. If his plan was to wear Diaz down, which it looked and sounded from his corner like it was, he needs to do a lot better than looking paggered by the end of the second round. Especially seeing as he'd largely just been dictating and landing relatively easily to that point. Weird. I don't know if it's harder to maintain cardio and the heavier weight or something.

I've avoided the result and just watched it there this morning. Dead close but I thought you could argue that McGregor won 1, 2 and 4 but if the decision had gone to Diaz it wouldn't have been a huge surprise at all.

McGregor's cardio was the big story though. If his plan was to wear Diaz down, which it looked and sounded from his corner like it was, he needs to do a lot better than looking paggered by the end of the second round. Especially seeing as he'd largely just been dictating and landing relatively easily to that point. Weird. I don't know if it's harder to maintain cardio and the heavier weight or something.

I think McGregor's immediate reaction, that a 3rd fight would have to be a lighter weight confirms this.

I wish I had a better understanding of how UFC fights are scored, when Diaz had McGregor pinned up against the octagon, how does that score? presumably that is Diaz being the aggressor, and if thats an element of scoring in Diaz's favour, then I'd say that further backs up the argument that Diaz was the winner.

Either way it was a great fight and clearly close, and if McGregor getting the nod of the judges means we get to see them fight again, then I have zero complaints.

• 3 weeks later...

anyone see CM Punk get the predictable shoeing ? wow I honestly felt sorry for him, it was like Louis Theroux had done a Weird Weekend on UFC. 

Overeem the latest in a long line of massive blokes who now look a bit fat since they started steroid testing

They did CM punk no favours like. The shite they used to roll out for the likes of Kimbo to beat and they put him up against a young, lad who's trained MMA his whole life

agreed, would have done him no harm to get put up against a stiff for his first UFC fight, now both the UFC and CM Punk have been damaged.

and yes, there is a massive difference between Overeem and Ubereem !! 

• 4 weeks later...

Well I'm using spoilers cos most people will have watched it by now!

Good fight and there's not many blokes would have got back up after those 2 knock downs. Saying that, Henderson only has 1 punch and Bisping managed to walk onto it twice. It's a shame Belfort lost cos that would have been a ready made rematch to avenge him fucking up Bispings eye

46 year old lad, unless you're talking about the other fight. Can't believe a 46 year old was still fighting.

Edited by OTF

• 2 months later...