Newcastle United v Everton

Howmanheyman

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with Dickie and Fish , again there are positives in there, I was impressed with how they got spanked in the first quarter but the heads stayed up and the effort went in. Unlucky not to get a point and I still just enjoy watching them play football in possession, they just aren't quite there yet. Lets see in 4 more games, no point whining at relegation if it happens its happened because the players aren't up to it. 1 thing I will moan about is commentators! Ffs the drivel they come out with, and whatever happened to the old phrase "they need time to gel" all of a sudden its new players in January will save them. No one we are going to buy is going to give instant results, its the playerbase we have now that has to make the grade.

The match could have went either way in the end. Both teams had good chances to win it in the second half, both keepers played their part (Elliott let himself down with that punch though).

First half we were played off the park for most of it, McClaren is very similar in strategy to Pardew in that he is happy to sit back and let the opposition dictate the game. It nullifies our threat and wastes the abilities of certain players. They've proved how dangerous they can be when the team is going forward, God only knows how McClaren can't see it.

For the second week running we missed a sitter with a header from 6 yards, they need to start working on them in training.

"The Serbian Billy Whitehurst"

Easy now, he's not that bad, Billy Whitehurst was complete and utter shhhiiiiiitte.

I remember watching him when I was 8 years old and knew I fuck all about the finer points of football. I did, however, know enough even at that age to recognise that he was stealing a career as a professional footballer.

I think it is clear that Mitrovic is far from the finished product (it's easy to score in the Belgian league when you play for the best team and play against dross week in week out) and probably not the man to provide the goals to drag us out of this. I'm still baffled as to why nobody has signed Charlie Austin.

"The Serbian Billy Whitehurst"

:lol:

His confidence is obviously fucked as I thought heading was a strong point of his.

The current bottom three have to be the most poorly run clubs in the PL so it's almost just desserts there are there atm.

It's no longer the defeats that are bothering me now, it's the build up to them, the fact that we more than likely know we arent going to get anything from a game. The fact that we've only won 4 of our last 10 games and not once has McLaren addressed the glaring problems we have, especially when we've played teams we should be beating. Stop playing square pegs in round holes and stop persisting with it, that's what Pardew kept doing.

Our centre midfield is an abomination, I cant remember one game this season in which i though Colback or Anita has had a good game but he keeps persisting with them. He's refusing to adapt to each game.

It's shocking that Everton can come up here and get easy points, we're a pushover as a club and it shows no sign of changing.

Some proper super fanning going on in here mind, just because you live in Newcastle and go to games doesnt make you any more knowledgable or invested in the team imo.

Thought after the first half an hour we played OK, not good but OK. Anita and Colo were probably our best.

Missed two sitters in the last two games that give us an extra 6 points, big difference and feeling.

How McLaren doesnt see this is beyond me. Have Tiote sitting with Sissoko and Wijnaldum as CM's. Then have Thauvin and Perez on the wings with Mitrovic up top.

To be honest, I'd like him just to try something new, even with his limited options. We persist with the same shit every week other than replacing our two best attackers with inferior replacements (De Jong and Cisse).

Either McClaren is just waiting for the January window so he can improve on the current system, he's too scared to change it, or he's deluded and thinks a couple of good results is reason to stick with it.

Yet again the ball was in the players court to get out of the bottom 3 & yet again they dropped a bollock. That first half looked like Everton were the only team on the pitch we redeemed ourselves a bit in the 2nd half but if we're being honest we eventually got what we deserved based on the performance (I use the term loosely). So what now WBA tomorrow then Arsenal on Saturday I reckon most of the players will be shattered after having the legs ran off them yesterday. Again the opportunity to get out of the bottom 3 will be there hopefully we'll grasp it with both hands it's doubtful I know but we can only but hope.

To be honest, I'd like him just to try something new, even with his limited options. We persist with the same shit every week other than replacing our two best attackers with inferior replacements (De Jong and Cisse).

Either McClaren is just waiting for the January window so he can improve on the current system, he's too scared to change it, or he's deluded and thinks a couple of good results is reason to stick with it.

I got sick of Pardew doing it and now I'm getting sick of McLaren doing it. Yes just persisting with the formation and its doing nothing for us, we look dogshit in CM and on the wings and he's done nothing to counter act it. If we line up like we did vs WBA then they will bully us all game.

Had a look at some of immediate reaction on Twitter over last night. Some of it is laughable. And I fully agree with Fish and he is spot on tbh. Like he said, a lot of fans predict a loss for games, and when that predicted loss comes (even though the players produced a battling performance) it's the end of world and the result will catapult us to certain relegation and the fans who went to the game must stop going and give their firstborn child to AshleyOut.com or they're just part of the problem. Sorry like, but those fans can just fuck right off.

The entire fanbase seems to be 50/50 on how we played but here's my opinion. First 35 minutes of the game Everton dominated. Managed to pull through it without conceding. I've got to question McClaren here though like, when we managed to get the ball in the first half and we gave it back to Everton you could see him on the touchline screaming at the players to get back behind the ball. I know we're playing a counter attacking game, but at home? Really? There's times you've got to fuck respect off for the other team and attack them, especially at St James' Park. Last 10 minutes or so of the first half we grow into the game. Mitrovic has a decent chance. Second half was much better. Mitrovic has no excuse to not be scoring that. Aye, he's a young lad, but whatever your age is, you should be sticking that away. Many on this board would have stuck that away. Then it's end to end stuff. They get a corner in the last 30 seconds of stoppage time. They score from it after a pretty poor punch from Elliot. Sickening. I felt we deserved a point from the game after the second half imo. I thought Anita & Coloccini were really good.

About attacking teams at home, I think McClaren has opted for a counter attacking game after he binned the possession play out from the back craic after the Sheffield Wednesday game because he realised that the players we have aren't good enough to play in that style. I think he's opted for something short term until January, which hopefully the idiots don't fuck up, but I'm not confident they won't. I still feel that our current team could be set out better.

Why he doesn't get shot of Colback and move Wijnaldum into the middle so he can get on the ball more, and have Thauvin on the left with Mbabu behind him so we have more of a threat on the left is beyond me. Aye, I understand, we've been on a run so he doesn't want to change a winning/unbeaten side, but there's a time where you have got to take risks. It's reminiscent of Pardew & Carver; bottling it when it comes to team selection and selecting younger, players who are hungry for their chance, which is a shame because I like McClaren and want him to do well here.

Edited by Haydnator

We are a joke club. The wealthiest club who are a fuck up in the world. Everton could've conceivably been 0-4 up at half time against us. They're by far the best side we've played this season imo, but we were beyond shocking in the first half. A club who make the 18th most money annually in world football, who have the 11th highest average gate in Europe, absolutely murdered by a club who don't even come close on those two fronts and never have for over 2 decades. I'm so pleased I jacked it in 2014, we are 1/10th of the club we should be and when what should be significantly smaller clubs on so many fronts absolutely take the piss, there truly is no hope. We are a disgrace of an organisation.

Do you? Remind me again, have you ever been to see this team you support? No, you're quite happy to "care" whilst having fuck all investment. How convenient.

As someone who has invested thousand of pounds over the years, I think I have more right than you to say this club needs a reset from start to finish. Hey, I was at Barnsley in 2009ish, were you?

I was at Barnsley in 1992 to watch a Brendan O'Connell header sending 8000 toon fans in to anti-Yorkshireness beyond belief.

Had a look at some of immediate reaction on Twitter over last night. Some of it is laughable. And I fully agree with Fish and he is spot on tbh. Like he said, a lot of fans predict a loss for games, and when that predicted loss comes (even though the players produced a battling performance) it's the end of world and the result will catapult us to certain relegation

My point is that we shouldn't be expecting defeat against Everton at home with some of the players we have. However the tactics used had us expecting defeat. Thats the problem and McLaren hasn't addressed that, so when we do get beat, those reasons are going to be emphasized.

We've won 2 out of 9 or 10 home games this season and that is embarrassing and they deserve pelters for that.