Newcastle United v Everton

Howmanheyman

My point is that we shouldn't be expecting defeat against Everton at home with some of the players we have. However the tactics used had us expecting defeat. Thats the problem and McLaren hasn't addressed that, so when we do get beat, those reasons are going to be emphasized.

No, we shouldn't, but this is Newcastle United. One of the most unpredictable sides in the league. But many have been reacting like we have seen an absolute horror show. The players kept their heads up even though Everton were the dominant side in the first half hour or so and managed to battle through it. Can't fault them for effort & desire, but many of the fans have criticised that, and I don't understand why.

We've won 2 out of 9 or 10 home games this season and that is embarrassing and they deserve pelters for that.

Yes, that is embarrasing and yes, they do.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everton finished last season with 8 more points than us and 4 places above us. Lamentable that it's now a foregone conclusion that they are going to beat us at home and we have to sit back for a third of the game without getting the ball in their box. But that's ashley's fault, and we all hate him for it.

Even worse though, that we aren't allowed to say what a travesty that is without fellow supporters having a pop and defending it as some sort of blip in our upward trajectory, rather than the continuation of our ongoing fall from grace that it is.

Everton finished last season with 8 more points than us and 4 places above us. Lamentable that it's now a foregone conclusion that they are going to beat us at home and we have to sit back for a third of the game without getting the ball in their box. But that's ashley's fault, and we all hate him for it.

Even worse though, that we aren't allowed to say what a travesty that is without fellow supporters having a pop and defending it as some sort of blip in our upward trajectory, rather than the continuation of our ongoing fall from grace that it is.

Exactly. It shouldn't be that we as a fan base are basically expecting to get beat off Everton at home now because of incompetence on and off the field.

Amen, brother.

You hardly jacked it in in 2014, you were still going to every game until a few weeks ago ;)

I've been to four matches this season and went to eight last season. Hardly devoted support is it? More chance of your next career move being a stand up comedian than of me getting another season ticket while fatty is there.

You've dropped your toys mate.

We played well enough to get a point against Everton, who're a good side this season. If we'd come into this game playing well and sitting pretty in 10th (or wherever) I'd not have expected a loss, but given our season thus far & given theirs it's not daft to predict a loss. Doesn't mean I think we'll definitely lose at their place, as we might go into that game flying & they might be having a shit time.

Fwiw I also don't think 10th would be an unreasonable place for this group of players & head coach, if the fixture list had been kinder at the start. But it wasn't so we play the hand we're dealt and although we're in the bottom 3 now, I think there's enough in this side to survive.

That shouldn't be our long term aims, but to expect much more after the previous few years is a bit fucking silly. Isn't it?

There is many reasons to be pissed off as a newcastle fan.

Not sure a tight 1-0 loss where we could just have easily won is the biggest reason mind.

That's true.

If Saturday was your first ever game as a Newcastle supporter than I could see why you wouldn't be that annoyed.

There is many reasons to be pissed off as a newcastle fan.

Not sure a tight 1-0 loss where we could just have easily won is the biggest reason mind.

It's just a culmination isn't it? A culmination of the 'many reasons to be pissed off as a Newcastle fan'.

Made my ma return two christmas presents to sportsdirect today (who was laughing because she thought she'd sneaked them by me)...proper fan boycotting like a pro.

AFAIA they don't do instore refunds, they'll just give her a credit note. So Mike Ashley is currently at home wiping his arse with your ma's hard earned money and there's nothing you can do about it. Hopefully she paid him with coins. Edited by ewerk

It's just a culmination isn't it? A culmination of the 'many reasons to be pissed off as a Newcastle fan'.

Aye I understand that. But if you wanted to pick a particular game to vent all that pent up fury then surely the 5-1 against palace was the one? Personally passed anger a long time ago and well onto acceptance/apathy which is even sadder I suppose.

Oh more sooper fanning, canny.

No. Not at all.

If I'd taken my bairn to his first game on Saturday and he'd seen us defend for our lives for half an hour then an end to end game where our keeper made all the better saves and we only hit the target once but the opposition only won it in the 93rd minute, then he would probably not complain about a closer game than it looked like being in the beginning and no other context would come into it.

Anyone who's been going for just 2 years, not a soopafan of any kind, will recognise that we're still worsening, that we still apparently need players in EVERY position bar RB and in goal. That we have little plan other than to try to cope with whatever it is the opposition choose to do, home or away. That the parade of managers who have failed at multiple lower league clubs working under the teaboy aren't going to command the respect and hard efforts of the internationals that make up our squad, which is the 7th highest paid in the league, despite what many say about lack of quality.

I don't think it's sooper fanning to point out that you can't just look at the Everton game in a vacuum and conclude that it's nothing to worry about.

What Renton did though.....that was sooper fanning. :lol:

Never mind that shit, WERE YOU AT BARNSLEY?! Si or no?

I don't think it's sooper fanning to point out that you can't just look at the Everton game in a vacuum and conclude that it's nothing to worry about.

What Renton did though.....that was sooper fanning. :lol:

Hands up, I was pissed and pissed off. I'm neither today, but probably would be if I had made the monumental effort to visit the west Midlands on the 28th December. To me, those fans have more invested in the club, have a bigger stake in it in their lives, and are worthy of more attention, than someone who watches a stream occasionally in the comfort of their own homes.

Honestly, we've had this discussion before, I'm not even sure why anyone would disagree. In the days when you went to freeze your bollocks off watching us lose to man city at Maine road you had more invested in the club financially and emotionally too. Now your only investment is making one liners on toontastic telling everyone who does go they're an idiot. ;)

Which is all fine of course, and am also much closer to this viewpoint than the hardened away fans are nowadays. No harm in realising not all fans are equal though imo.

Thats bollocks though. There are many reasons a fan wouldnt or couldnt go to the match on a regular basis. Doesn't make them any "less" of a supporter.

Also everytime I go to any match live the amount of absolute bullshit and nonsense I hear spouted by the people around me is astounding. The kind of fan that thinks Colback offers anything to the team or gets furious at a throw in going the wrong way, mouthbreathers. Are they better fans than people who actually know something about football? Are the they shite.

But best ignore me because I probably only get to 2/3 home games a season, so I dont think im invested enough.