Newcastle United v Everton

Howmanheyman

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nearly came off in the losers strategy, hold the better team, gift them possession till they get sick, catch them on the break. Hope one of your 'potentially profitable' players gets a winner.

Fucking disaster football club should be our name. We are being run so negatively that being in the bottom three out isn't a big surprise. We're fucking shit as a club from the top down.

No pav song, either?

There were 4-5 pavel is a geordies in the corner during the game but I didn't get the impression it spread much to the other stands. Did it come through on the telly? Hope it was audible for pav and his family

Nearly came off in the losers strategy, hold the better team, gift them possession till they get sick, catch them on the break. Hope one of your 'potentially profitable' players gets a winner.

Fucking disaster football club should be our name. We are being run so negatively that being in the bottom three out isn't a big surprise. We're fucking shit as a club from the top down.

Well, this basically. Couldn't agree more.

Pants. Pissed. All over Twitter . What a bunch of reactionary arseholes.

We'll stay up, but anyone expecting a sudden lurch up the table is a bloody child.

We'll stay up, but anyone expecting a sudden lurch up the table is a bloody child.

January is massive for us - absolutely have to recruit well. Forget a winger and a striker, we need to bring 6 in like we did a couple of years ago.

Fact is we're in the bottom 3, hopefully this makes it abundantly clear to Ashley that he needs to invest. We can't afford to be complacent.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

Pants. Pissed. All over Twitter . What a bunch of reactionary arseholes.

We're 10 points worse off than last seasons corresponding fixtures and 6 points off our 18 game total.

Whether anyone hoped for us to be better, no-one should be shrugging their shoulders at being even shitter.

We're 10 points worse off than last seasons corresponding fixtures and 6 points off our 18 game total.

Whether anyone hoped for us to be better, no-one should be shrugging their shoulders at being even shitter.

Performances are improving. I'm not shrugging my shoulders at being in a bad position, I'm rolling my eyes are the "Wuh gannin doon, all the players are shite and we'll sell the good ones and ..."

Look at this thread, who was predicting a good result? Same thing on Twitter, everyone (near enough) was expecting a loss and then when the predicted loss comes after a spirited performance (where but for some poor finishing we may well have come away with more), somehow it's a terrible result and the harbinger of certain relegation.

Whey, aye. If you only win 2 of 10 home games and you're predicting defeats and are correct, then relegation is likely.

We played ok against a good side and were unlucky to lose. But forget about all that, let's cry and piss on anyway because people love a good moan. Are we in the shit, aye, but we were before this result and will be for some time. It's like everybody seems to forget we've been shit for quite some time and it's going to take more than half a season to turn us into anything but a 15th/17th side. The players, the coaching staff, the head coach, etc are capable of that modest target. Let's not self flagellate after every defeat because there'll be plenty more before the seasons over.

Have to laugh at Gemmill who only ventures onto the football side of things when we lose, because... I dunno, morbid curiosity?

It's crap from McLaren though. We all said we'd get beat if he persisted with 4411 and that's what happened, he's hoping to keep fluking results. Anita and Colback are too soft and Wijnaldum (our best player) is stuck in an ineffective position infront of the most Centre back of a left back I've ever seen.

We played ok against a good side and were unlucky to lose. But forget about all that, let's cry and piss on anyway because people love a good moan. Are we in the shit, aye, but we were before this result and will be for some time. It's like everybody seems to forget we've been shit for quite some time and it's going to take more than half a season to turn us into anything but a 15th/17th side. The players, the coaching staff, the head coach, etc are capable of that modest target. Let's not self flagellate after every defeat because there'll be plenty more before the seasons over.

Have to laugh at Gemmill who only ventures onto the football side of things when we lose, because... I dunno, morbid curiosity?

I'm pretty sure we'd all rather not be moaning about being in another relegation battle. It's not for the sake of it is it, that people are disillusioned with it all? We've been shit for years. We were very fortunate to survive last season and this time around doesn't look too different. I think we have a better chance of survival than we did last season when we were utterly inept but let's be afraid to complain about the state of the situation. What else can we do?

Two things niggling me are the paired performances of Dummett and McClaren.

(1) Dummett in my eyes is looking more and more like Wilson(alright Simpson). While he is jockeying players he's too far away from them to put in a tackle, giving them time and space to maneuver, and he's always backing-up just like Simpson did, allowing them to move closer in. He's just not a good enough full-back. He doesn't offer enough quality or purpose in a defending role, and does little in an attacking mode.

(2) It should be obvious to McClaren that Dummett is a weak link yet he persists in playing him and not giving Mbutu a shot at the left-back position. We've seen what Mbutu can do and had it not been for an injury we would have probably seen more of him after his display against Chelsea.

With the absence of Cisse I can't understand the reasoning as to why McClaren would drop DeJong who was beginning to improve and show us something.

I thought we did quite well today, mitrovic missed a couple of sitters which would have won us the game. Everton are a good side, we couldn't get near them first 25 mins but everyone stuck to their tasks and really matched them from then on. With a bit more luck we'd have won and be a few places higher. Anita and colback are incapable of getting us on the front foot through the middle, and Perez was very ineffective. Could really do with beating west brom

Performances are improving. I'm not shrugging my shoulders at being in a bad position, I'm rolling my eyes are the "Wuh gannin doon, all the players are shite and we'll sell the good ones and ..."

Look at this thread, who was predicting a good result? Same thing on Twitter, everyone (near enough) was expecting a loss and then when the predicted loss comes after a spirited performance (where but for some poor finishing we may well have come away with more), somehow it's a terrible result and the harbinger of certain relegation.

So what's your solution or way of dealing with it? I'd rather shine a light on the whole shitshow than shrug my shoulders and say 'hey ho'. Don't be embarrassed to get pissed off in front of your cosmopolitan friends, fish. It really is OK to say 'fuck this, it isn't good enough' as a club. Grow a pair of testicles and tell them to fuck off if they give you any shit about what you should expect. It really is fucking not good enough, there's no way quite a few of the rest of the also-rans, (there's a defeatist term right there) should be comfortably doing better than us. Fucking tell it like it is. We probably do have some decent players, trouble is they only play in certain positions and are all a certain age. Fucking sick of this apologist attitude. We're being run into the ground, this cunt hires people to work for him, not the club, we hire blokes who are so defeatist its untrue, we hire managers who have openly punted our players, we hire managers who say we can't compete with the likes of fucking Southampton. It's boxing day. We're in the bottom three. I'd say we've a good reason to be worried or more to the point, pissed off we're in this situation.

I give a shit, I'm guessing anyone else on here who doesn't show complete apathy does too.

Do you? Remind me again, have you ever been to see this team you support? No, you're quite happy to "care" whilst having fuck all investment. How convenient.

As someone who has invested thousand of pounds over the years, I think I have more right than you to say this club needs a reset from start to finish. Hey, I was at Barnsley in 2009ish, were you?

Edited by Renton

Do you? Remind me again, have you ever been to see this team you support? No, you're quite happy to "care" whilst having fuck all investment. How convenient.

As someone who has invested thousand of pounds over the years, I think I have more right than you to say this club needs a reset from start to finish. Hey, I was at Barnsley in 2000, were you?

Fuck you, I was at Barnsley in 1989.

;)