West Bromwich Albion v Newcastle United 28/12/15 15:00 ko

Haydnator

Another game...just what we need. West Brom are in poor form, have suspensions, so it would be good to see us go at them and go for the points. But, us being us, we will huff and puff, work hard but end up handing them their form turnaround game. 1-0 home win in an awful game is what I think but I hope for any kind of away win. I want to see Thauvin given a decent run out if not a start, they'll have a CB playing at full back iirc. I still doubt McClaren will change anything though like.

Last 5 v WBA @ Hawthorns

W 0-2

L 1-0

D 1-1

W 1-3

L 3-1

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah this should be a start for Thauvin, Tiote, De Jong and maybe MBabu. Not saying that's what will happen. I have a feeling that we'll see Gouffran as well.

Me, I would try with this starting line-up:

Elliott

Janmaat Mbemba Colo Mbutu

Sissoko Colback Gini Thauvin

DeJong Perez

Or perhaps Tiote instead of Colback.

Dummett

Anita

Mitrovic

Darlow

Always been a funny fixture for us this both home and away. 3-3s, 2-3s, 4-0s etc etc.... In 89/90 we played them in the League Cup at home and lost 0-1. Seven day later in the League we went to the Hawthorns and beat them 1-5. Mad fixture so I won't make a prediction but irrespective of how we've been this season, its definitely a winnable game.

Mitrovic might be injured, but is out of form anyway, cisse is injured but is out form anyway, De Jong has the pace of a slug with a bad back, Riviere is money pissed up the wall and Ivan Toney might get a game today. Tuppence ha'penny club by design.

I have no idea what Thauvin or Mbabu have to do to get a start. West Brom are playing 4 CBs at the back. Thought he could have done something. And Mbabu looks canny going forward. Dummett offers nowt going forward.