West Bromwich Albion v Newcastle United 28/12/15 15:00 ko

Haydnator

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You reactionary arsehole, you.

If you're referring to my post about the Everton match that post was about some of the reaction to the performance in that match, how some were saying it was a complete horror show. It wasn't.

Today, was shit. Deflation, dejection, no real clue. That is the truth about what we just watched.

Full marks to McClaren for inserting Thauvin into the fray with 5 minutes left of 90, just like he did on Saturday.

Full marks to Darlow for letting in a stoppable shot.

Full marks to ME for optimistic dreaming, and suffering for it.

Full marks to Jesus who's not weeping, his tear ducts have dried up from continuous use..

If you're referring to my post about the Everton match that post was about some of the reaction to the performance in that match, how some were saying it was a complete horror show. It wasn't.

Today, was shit. Deflation, dejection, no real clue. That is the truth about what we just watched.

No, I'm just taking the piss out of the fish.

So this is going to be the week when Mike Ashley can rightly say he is getting the hang of this football lark.

European ties against the likes of Benfica in April

A transfer / wage system that works

A squad that just keeps getting better

Great season ticket deals for fans

And a profit making football club

And all this before the the big bucks TV money rolls in.

Of course it hasn't been delivered without pain, but few revolutions are smooth.

We will rightly hear all sorts of praise for dynamic duo this week and once again our club will be heralded as the blue print for most clubs to follow.

So where now? What about the next few years? How can we as a club take advantage of this solid foundation and become a regular top four challenger?

On 1st January 2014, we played West Brom at the Hawthorns and lost 1-0, fast forward to the last game of 2015 and the same fixture sees the same result.

In two calendar years, we've played exactly two full seasons worth of fixtures. Thought the stats would be worth a neb.

2014: P38 W12 D6 L20 F36 A63 GD -27 Pts 42

2015: P38 W7 D9 L22 F37 A69 GD -32 Pts 30

Total: P76 W19 D15 L42 F73 A132 GD -59 Pts 72

26% win ratio.

72 points from 228.

Pardew: 42 points from 114 (36.8%)

Carver: 13 points from 57 (22.8%)

McClaren: 17 points from 57 (29.8%)

I hate to say it but I genuinely believe we are going down. Yesterday at half time WBA had 15 shots and we had 2, its like a game of ChampMan in the 90s where you sneak a 0-1. It was shocking, its boring even coming out with it because everyone is repeating themselves but I don't even know how we can turn the corner.

I genuinely believe Ashley will spend a lot in January worrying about the potential lack of Premiership money next season and if we stay up McClaren would've spent his 16/17 budget. Fuckin sick of the cunts. Absolutely sick.

What frustrates me is how in spells here and there we look like a decent team but it's all too brief.

We don't create enough chances and we don't score enough goals - that's a recipe for relegation.

Worse than Pardew is very harsh, I think they are playing a much better style of football, they are just shit at it. Like someone who's quit smoking, I think memories of pain fade too quickly and you forget just how horrid it was!

Can't blame McLaren for setting up the way he does as he has fuck all options to do anything different imo. If DeJong, mitrovic and co are going to miss sitters every game what can you do? DeJong and Mitrovics efforts were absolute sitters.

Edited by scoobos

Do you reckon McClaren has completely binned the possession based football he had us playing up until the Sheff Wed. cup game? Or is he just playing counter attacking now because he has realised that he doesn't have the players to play possession based football and he's playing this shite temporarily until he can (try to) get players in in January?

Edited by Haydnator