New badge craic

Haydnator

Thought it was just some bullshit a N-O poster made and hopefully it is but I've seen it go onto Twitter now including the Mag and Ashley Out Campaign.

Apparently Ashley wants to change our badge to a simpler design in order to save on production costs on merchandise.

What a cunt this man is.

http://www.themag.co.uk/2015/12/mike-ashley-set-change-newcastle-badge-reports/

Edited by Haydnator

We've had a change of badge before, but not on these particular grounds. And we've had the present one for over a quarter of a century, bar the change from stitching to an iron-on print. If this goes ahead and coincides with a second relegation in 6 seasons it might finally be the straw that breaks the camel's back. Quite possibly not thought :lol:

Just thinking this may have been the same reason for the change from the City coat of arms badge we had up till the early 80s to the circular "NUFC" emblem we had till 1989? :huh:

We've had a change of badge before, but not on these particular grounds. And we've had the present one for over a quarter of a century, bar the change from stitching to an iron-on print. If this goes ahead and coincides with a second relegation in 6 seasons it might finally be the straw that breaks the camel's back. Quite possibly not thought :lol:

Just thinking this may have been the same reason for the change from the City coat of arms badge we had up till the early 80s to the circular "NUFC" emblem we had till 1989? :huh:

They've taken the bones out of the camel's back for me I'm that fucked off with the club. From the age of 14 I honestly thought I'd never have one season till I die without a season ticket. John Hall was an ugly arsehole but at least he knew what the fans wanted. All we want from this fat cunt is for him to fuck off now.

It needs to be a cheap and nasty crest, something utterly shit, it needs to serve no purpose, make no sense and something that will turn people off, if it wants to fit in with Ashley's model of Newcastle United.

Is this even viable though? It was just a post made by a N-O poster. I wouldn't put it past Ashley like. The bloke really is killing any smidgen of love I have left for this shell of a club. The badge is one of the few things I love that are left ffs.

Edited by Haydnator

Is this even viable though? It was just a post made by a N-O poster. I wouldn't put it past Ashley like. The bloke really is killing any smidgen of love I have left for this shell of a club. The badge is one of the few things I love that are left ffs.

It would make sense as a few clubs have tweaked with their crests to make them 'easier', (cheaper) to market them.

Man City have seen sense and have just about restored their old one.....

badge.jpg

I fear to see what ours would be.

It would make sense as a few clubs have tweaked with their crests to make them 'easier', (cheaper) to market them.

Man City have seen sense and have just about restored their old one.....

badge.jpg

I fear to see what ours would be.

I hate those type of badges though. Things like that, Bournemouth's, Stoke's etc. I love our badge, it represents the city. So does the mackems' badge tbf. Not some cheap magpie and football tat used to save money. It'll look like a Sunday league team's badge.

I hate those type of badges though. Things like that, Bournemouth's, Stoke's etc. I love our badge, it represents the city. So does the mackems' badge tbf. Not some cheap magpie and football tat used to save money. It'll look like a Sunday league team's badge.

It is a more 'cartoon-ised' version but is essentially their old crest. I think we'll end up with a very basic version of the old magpie one. I think the mackem's current one is shit and was an attempt to forge a new identity along with a new stadium, new (pinched) ground name and a voted for new nickname. Preferred their old crest.

It is a more 'cartoon-ised' version but is essentially their old crest. I think we'll end up with a very basic version of the old magpie one. I think the mackem's current one is shit and was an attempt to forge a new identity along with a new stadium, new (pinched) ground name and a voted for new nickname. Preferred their old crest.

Aye, fair enough. But would you like a change to our current crest? I love ours, and I don't want it to change. It may be because it's the only crest I have known but if it changed, whatever it changed to, it will be shit.

Aye, fair enough. But would you like a change to our current crest? I love ours, and I don't want it to change. It may be because it's the only crest I have known but if it changed, whatever it changed to, it will be shit.

I've never disliked any of our crests tbh, although I've no doubt anything that happens under this current set up will be shit, so with that in mind I'd rather they left it alone. Our first season with the current crest ended in relegation by the way. Just saying, like.

I've never disliked any of our crests tbh, although I've no doubt anything that happens under this current set up will be shit, so with that in mind I'd rather they left it alone. Our first season with the current crest ended in relegation by the way. Just saying, like.

The current crest also was used during our most successful period in recent memory as well.

looking at the way they've changed the match programmes it wouldn't be a surprise if we see something retro, also could this be a retaliation to "the magpie group"?

It'll probably be similar to that crest.

Fuck off man. The 80s badge could have been drawn by a child. The current badge is a throwback to 1911 and references the city crest. It's been our badge through all our recent good spells under Keegan and Robson and is universally recognised the world over as OUR badge. It's just another way that fat cunt can wind the fans up

Edited by StraightEdgeWizard

Fuck off man. The 80s badge could have been drawn by a child. The current badge is a throwback to 1911 and references the city crest. It's been our badge through all our recent good spells under Keegan and Robson and is universally recognised the world over as OUR badge. It's just another way that fat cunt can wind the fans up

:up:

It could be argued it's also yet another way of the current owner further devaluing the 'brand' of Newcastle United as any Johnny Foreigner types will associate the new NUFC crest with the new NUFC that are quite clearly a shit, middling two bob club and not with the good nufc sides we have had. (Some of these Johnny foreigner types might be rich and might not want to put money into a shit club. Anything that can remind people of what we were and could be again should be kept).