Arsenal vs Newcastle United

Haydnator

I'd say it's 1 from us, Bournemouth, Norwich and Swansea. Sunderland are fucked and haven't the existing squad, the pull to attract new players, nor the dynamic manager that'd turn draws & losses into wins with a cavalier approach.

I think Swansea are better off than us to drag themselves clear with the players they have and the bounce a new manager will give them, but injuries to key players could see them struggle and if the new man is more Di Canio than De Boer they're bang in trouble.

I think we've been unfortunate in the past few games, we were definitely worth a point in all and maybe more vs Everton? That said, we need to get to a place where we're value for our win and luck doesn't come into it. I think while everyone is calling for a new striker, (and if Cisse is out for a while it makes sense), I think the priority is a quality central midfielder; one who'll help win, keep and use the ball. We're not creating loads of chances and our young striker needs more opportunities. I can't believe people are already writing Mitrovic off, he's just a bairn and he's being expected to lead the line for a relegation fighting side of misfiring internationals.

Still think we'll get ourselves out of it. I think we've enough quality in the side and enough pull to attract better players than those around us. 36pts has meant safety, on average, for the past decade in the Premier league, and I believe this squad of players (plus a few additions) is capable of getting the 1.06PpG needed to get to that modest target.

The one thing you can say about Hipo head is he's good at keeping teams up

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Les Ferdinand was 22 when he scored his first top-flight goal, as was Ian Wright. Vardy was 27. Mitrovic is 21. I'm sure it'll all click into place soon, just as it will with some of our other young players.

But we need players for the here & now, which hopefully we get this window.

Again we see the flaws in our transfer policy. We sign young players who we think we can sell on for a profit. But we expect them to all be ready to walk straight into the team. But time and time again they're not and you get the situation where we're desperate for new players because the ones before haven't been given the time to bed in so have failled. This will keep happening as long as no one stands up to Ashley and says you can't make it work like this.

Good game, well played etc. 0 points though. There's good players there, no balance

I thought we looked a bit more balanced with Perez and Gini switched on Saturday. Gini was much more involved and Perez wasn't a waste of a shirt out on the left like Gini is. I hope McClaren sticks with that if he's not going to give Thauvan a chance.

The one thing you can say about Hipo head is he's good at keeping teams up

Might be a buffet trip too far for old Christmas Island Statue head

I thought we looked a bit more balanced with Perez and Gini switched on Saturday. Gini was much more involved and Perez wasn't a waste of a shirt out on the left like Gini is. I hope McClaren sticks with that if he's not going to give Thauvan a chance.

Balance as in players in actual positions, age, experience. It's been more than time since Gini came off the left wing.