Happy New Year!

Haydnator

:lol:

It's been about 15-20 years since a lot on here will have given a fuck about news eve, mate. Irony, those that want the new years eve partying and drinking not getting it, those that can have it, not wanting it.

(New years day seemed to take over in popularity once you get a certain age/have kids etc). ;)

I remember my wife going round her friends on new years eve when my eldest was about one year old. The deal was I'd have the new years day for myself. I ended up having an Indians in the house and by accident caught the beginning of 'guns of navarone' on the TV after I'd put the bairn to bed. That was one of the best new years eve nights I'd had as well. :)

'Trudging' (©CT) through Walker around about 17 going from party to party, one eye on the fanny, one eye on other groups of lads and potential aggro*, :lol: fuck that, I'll stick to a cosy night in.

*there always someone who would get a kicking.

Out for a bit this afternoon, then a night in in front of the telly. The only way to enjoy NYE.

Same here. Going out tomorrow with family & friends so can't be arsed doing much tonight.

Got four other couples coming over for a bit food and drinks, been volunteered to cook for 2 vegans, a veggie and a pescitarian with lactose intolerance. Still going to get what they are given or go hungry.

Spent this afternoon packing for hols on Saturday, I've found and ironed everything (that needed it) and got a half full case so that counts as a success. Neighbour came over with a bottle of prosecco the other night and I went to the posh offy for beer. Night in with candles lit listening to the vinyl I got for christmas then into town tomorrow for the Poole Quay bath race (local bell ends on perfunctory rafts in the harbour in early January, for "charidee") and the always excellent piss up afterwards. Have a good one you crazy kids :good:

Having a couple of friends over for chilli, wine and bad TV. That'll do. :good: Hope you lot all have a fine 2016.

Netflix and Chilli?

Posh steak and hoity-toity veg, the finest wines known to humanity, and Interstellar.

If either of us can be bothered afterwards, I might "hop on". :lol:

If I didn't have kids I'd be away out. Going for a few tomorrow instead, will be down Tynemouth for a couple of hours.

Get yourself down to the annual tug of war (nowt like that) between the Catholic Club and Rockliffe in Whitley. ;)

It's been about 15-20 years since a lot on here will have given a fuck about news eve, mate. Irony, those that want the new years eve partying and drinking not getting it, those that can have it, not wanting it.

(New years day seemed to take over in popularity once you get a certain age/have kids etc). ;)

Last time I cared about it in Newcastle was 1999. We ended up getting a sit doon curry at 1230 on Dean Street, that was the highlight, but there was nee taxi's anywhere so we had to walk 5 mile yem.

Last time I cared about it full stop, was 2000. My sister lived literally on Blackheath, not in a tent, in a luxury flat. There was thousands on the Heath, and Bjork was singing in the build up in town which is where we went along with 3m other wanks. The problem was the government or London City itself had spent a million quid on the fireworks (best display ever apparently) but the cunts wouldn't work. One of the biggest embarrassments in London's recent history imo.

Since then I've got pissed aye, but what a wank neet. "Who's gonna be first foot?" who gives a fuck??? A night that provided the worst hangover of my life, January 1st 1997, I was sat at the match passing water from my mouth, while barely taking in we were beating Leeds 3-0.

Last time I cared about it in Newcastle was 1999. We ended up getting a sit doon curry at 1230 on Dean Street, that was the highlight, but there was nee taxi's anywhere so we had to walk 5 mile yem.

Last time I cared about it full stop, was 2000. My sister lived literally on Blackheath, not in a tent, in a luxury flat. There was thousands on the Heath, and Bjork was singing in the build up in town which is where we went along with 3m other wanks. The problem was the government or London City itself had spent a million quid on the fireworks (best display ever apparently) but the cunts wouldn't work. One of the biggest embarrassments in London's recent history imo.

Since then I've got pissed aye, but what a wank neet. "Who's gonna be first foot?" who gives a fuck??? A night that provided the worst hangover of my life, January 1st 1997, I was sat at the match passing water from my mouth, while barely taking in we were beating Leeds 3-0.

Bjork: "Happy new year, London! It's all so quiet! Its all so......."

Stevie: "Hew, pet! Ah admire yi ability to hold a crowd with yi chanting, but, are ah'll the Lasses in Iceland your stamp? Yiz dee canny in Europe considering your size, yiz are probably the Everton of European national sides."

Bjork: "Security!!!!"

Bjork: "Happy new year, London! It's all so quiet! Its all so......."

Stevie: "Hew, pet! Ah admire yi ability to hold a crowd with yi chanting, but, are ah'll the Lasses in Iceland your stamp? Yiz dee canny in Europe considering your size, yiz are probably the Everton of European national sides."

Bjork: "Security!!!!"

2016 will be bittersweet for me. I have a close friend that won't make it to the next one and yet have huge adventures planned personally. Wishing you all everything you need for the new year x

2016 can seriously be no worse than the last two years for me. Even if NUFC went bankrupt. 2014 I'm all over the place and we find out why. I end up with half a brain, and 2015 I lose the most important person in the world to me in similar circumstances.

2016 I'm in a positive frame of mind about, if wor lass pipes down a bit she might get the diamond ring she's been whinging on about, I'll live in the gym, and NUFC will stay up.