Another Fine Mess

trooper

It's not even funny anymore we ARE in "another fine mess" this time last season we'd...

Played 20 games & we were in 10th with 27 points this season after spending £50+ million & getting a new manager we've

Played 20 games we are in 18th with 17 points it's not even deja-vu it's worse

This Saturday we have a little matter of Watford in the FA Cup no doubt given our precarious position in the league the club will be hoping for an early exit. We then move on to our next batch of 5 premiership games...

Man Utd (h)

West Ham (h)

Watford (a)

Everton (a)

West Brom (h)

Now this it's were it gets really concerning we only gained a single point from those games in the first half of the season. Given we have lost our last 3 games it's not looking very clever at all. Ashley said in his interview that the buck stops at his door. Well he's made "another fine mess" of this season & unless there's some kind of dramatic turnaround in fortune the only thing I can see on the cards is relegation. The only positive being it would go some way towards Ashley selling up & sodding off because I can't see a straight bounce back up like last time when the team had a heart it had leaders & fighters. It's very sad to see the club fading away in front of our eyes but sadly this is what's happening.

50 million is nowt, especially given the state the squad was in due to massive underspending in previous years. It's almost as if years of scraping by with the bare minimum and feeding loyal fans a load of shite has finally caught up with NUFC.

The above should be in place now ready for the next league game. Club fucking about with our PL status as usual.

If I wasn't a fan, would probably want us to get relegated as that is what the FAT CUNT DESERVES for all these years of misery.

Edited by Slayer

LB CB and CF should be priorities.

I think we've more need for a player who can control the play. A central midfielder who can dictate the play; control possession when we need to slow the play, transition play when we need to speed it up a bit.

Those positions are important, no doubt and if we had a better owner/director I'd expect them all to be addressed in this window for a fairly modest spend (c£35-50m), but with these chumps I'd be surprised if we signed anything other than a lightweight French winger and a striker with potential.

I think we've more need for a player who can control the play. A central midfielder who can dictate the play; control possession when we need to slow the play, transition play when we need to speed it up a bit.

Those positions are important, no doubt and if we had a better owner/director I'd expect them all to be addressed in this window for a fairly modest spend (c£35-50m), but with these chumps I'd be surprised if we signed anything other than a lightweight French winger and a striker with potential.

One of them would be great too, obviously, but our midfield could be a lot better with a bit of tinkering - not playing two defensive midfielders for a start - where left back is our weakest area by far and Colo looks vulnerable and needs competition. Plus a midfielder is our current top scorer. Sides without a striker that can score goals are usually the ones that go down.

One of them would be great too, obviously, but our midfield could be a lot better with a bit of tinkering - not playing two defensive midfielders for a start - where left back is our weakest area by far and Colo looks vulnerable and needs competition. Plus a midfielder is our current top scorer. Sides without a striker that can score goals are usually the ones that go down.

True dat homes. There's reports we've lodged a bid for Lacazette, who was amazing last season, but doesn't seem to have been as free-scoring this time around. He'd improve our threat up front, not sure how good he is at holding up the ball, but if he plays like Remy, we may not need a target man and instead rely on him finishing the chances he fashions for himself?

I'd love to see us sign a younger version of Michael Carrick; someone who can sit alongside Tiote when we're in need of some steel in the centre, or alongside Wijnaldum when we're looking to press home our advantage.

League One is our destiny

:lol:

Behave yourself man.

FWIW I would also get Byram in from Leeds.

He's a prospect, but we need players ready to hit the ground running (also, doesn't he play RW?)
Edited by The Fish

Inler would have been a good signing.

Buy shite, play shite, get relegated? Is that the one?

Buy cheap players who've an eye on their next move, sell them for a profit, try and not get relegated. :nufc: