Making a murderer (spoilers)

Kid Dynamite

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing that I keep coming back to was the complete absence of blood in the supposed murder scene. Like fucking not a drop in a room where they were supposed to have slit a lass's throat and none in the garage where they supposedly shot her in the head.

If Avery did it, he certainly didn't do it in the way it was described, which clearly amounts to a fucking enormous slice of reasonable doubt.

I felt desperate for his dopey nephew. That kid just got railroaded into a confession and didn't even remotely understand the consequences. He confessed to raping a lass and cutting her throat and was like "Err I need to hand a project in in half an hour. Is this gonna a last much longer." Yeah for the rest of your life, mate.

A right mess. I mean I'm pretty sure Avery is a little cunt and a lot worse than he was painted in the doc but based on that trial and the evidence, there's no way he should be locked up.

The thing that I keep coming back to was the complete absence of blood in the supposed murder scene. Like fucking not a drop in a room where they were supposed to have slit a lass's throat and none in the garage where they supposedly shot her in the head.

If Avery did it, he certainly didn't do it in the way it was described, which clearly amounts to a fucking enormous slice of reasonable doubt.

I felt desperate for his dopey nephew. That kid just got railroaded into a confession and didn't even remotely understand the consequences. He confessed to raping a lass and cutting her throat and was like "Err I need to hand a project in in half an hour. Is this gonna a last much longer." Yeah for the rest of your life, mate.

A right mess. I mean I'm pretty sure Avery is a little cunt and a lot worse than he was painted in the doc but based on that trial and the evidence, there's no way he should be locked up.

Yeah this pretty much covers my opinion. The Dassey confession is so disturbing and I felt terrible for the lad.

I do think SA did it though, just not the way they say.

For me the EDTA was a huge factor. How does his blood get in the car if he didn't do it?

They also didn't make nearly enough of the car reg being called in by that bent-as-fuck cop on the day she went missing.

The way they used the poor teenager to get to his uncle was dispicable imo, that kid definitely didn't cut a woman's throat.

Think Avery probably is a shitbag but the whole innocent until proven guilty thing seemed the wrong way round in this trial, the cops all seemed dodgy as did all the prosecution and even his first defence lawyer.

Got to remember though that it was a documentary not a complete recount of everything presented so it could have been cut and edited to make it look more corrupt than it was. The plebs from anonymous have said on Twitter that they will release proof he was framed, not holding my breath.

I think the innocent till proven guilty thing is unfortunately backwards in their whole system.

Poor people get fucked, rich people walk.

His blood in the jeep was planted i think by the bent sherrif who had access to the vial, same way the fat doll found the car within 20mins of entering the property.

How do you explain the lack of EDTA in the samples?

I agree he didn't seem to have the low IQ they were claiming. 70 wasn't it?

How long do you think it would actually take to set up and perform the test?

Obviously I can only take an educated guess at this, but I would assume once the red tape was cleared and a fire lit under them, it's a matter of hours/days.

IIRC they used to have the capacity to test for it, but it had been shelved.

Presumably everything was already in place, it was just a matter of setting it up again. The proper protocols to be observed for lab conditions should carry over.

And coding is a very different beast to testing. One little change can affect everything else and even after 6 layers of testing you won't have spotted everything. Of course I'm assuming the test is as simple as pissing in a cup and sticking litmus paper in it. ;)

Don't forget they had that wife in who testified that that absence of EDTA in a sample wasn't a reliable test as it didn't really prove that EDTA wasn't present in the sample, only that EDTA didn't show up in the test.

Meantime the bloke who did the test was prepared to sit there and testify that EDTA wasn't present in 3 samples that he hadn't even tested. :lol:

I pretty much disregarded the result of that test on the basis of those two bits of info above.

I thought from what was presented on the show it was impossible to say SA was guilty or not. There was no motive presented other than he's a bit of a weird slightly backwards fucker, there was zero physical evidence in his trailer, there was massive doubts over the legitimacy of the key, the bullet and the supposed DNA on the bullet, and Dassey's confession seems to be worth nothing at all (now he is properly backwards).

I read a little bit around it last night and it appears SA may have been chasing the lass so there may have been a motive that the program didn't show. I don't think he's backwards as was presented either. I think in the first episode they said his IQ was about 70. If that's correct, that's only just below the lower end of average. I still think there's no way he (either by himself or with his nephew) could have cleaned up his trailer and garage to point there was no signs of physical evidence at all.

The testimony of Brendan's brother and step father seemed ropey as fuck too. My immediate thought was that they had something to do with it and were using SA's reputation and the county's feelings towards him to their benefit.

I think at the very least there has to be a very large element of doubt about the legal process in both of the convictions and I find it staggering that both have been refused a re trial.

The other two things that struck me was when the Sheriff wouldn't aknowlege SA was innocent of the first crime he was convicted of, and the producer of the television program who was beeming at the opportunity to have a show about a murder. Abolutely no realisation from her that she getting amazingly excited about the fact that some poor woman had been murdered!

Edited by David Kelly

The lass's ex boyfriend and Bobby Dassey were the chief suspects in my house. Theresa's brother was a proper creep too.

Aye I thought the brother was a bit odd and what they were saying about it looking like he'd errased her answer phone messages was strange. I did think it was extremely unlikely that he would have had anything to do with setting up SA though and I have to agree with the defence attourney's that, if the police did set him up, it was because they really did think he was guilty. If the brother (or the ex) had killed her and made no attempt to frame SA, I can't see the police taking the car, key, bones etc over to his place from somewhere completely seperate. That's why the brother in law seemed a much more likely candidate to me.

I would have definitely included the tv producer who was so excited that someone had been murdered so they could make a program about it. She only appeared in one scene but it was a cameo that compares to Bill Murray in Zombieland in the impact that she had.

I would have definitely included the tv producer who was so excited that someone had been murdered so they could make a program about it. She only appeared in one scene but it was a cameo that compares to Bill Murray in Zombieland in the impact that she had.

Aye she was disgusting tbh, that bit really stuck with me.