Making a murderer (spoilers)

Kid Dynamite

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just finished this off last night. I was shocked at the Brendan Dassey conviction. There was no physical evidence (DNA, blood splatter, rope fibres) to back his statement up. How 12 people on a jury could find him guilty is incomprehensible.

Then they decide to completely separate the trials but yet use Dassey's (clearly fake) confession to convict Avery.

Even if Steven Avery did do it there was definitely reasonable doubt.

I said to the missus in the penultimate episode that Kratz had the look of a sex offender about him and Kachinsky is probably one step worse and could be a peado. I've got one right.....so far.

Then they decide to completely separate the trials but yet use Dassey's (clearly fake) confession to convict Avery.

They didn't use the Dassey confession in Avery's trial iirc. Not that they had to after announcing it to the media before the trial.

Watched this and The Jinx one after the other this week and it's a striking comparison.

Even with lawyers costing almost half a million dollars a hick who denies a murder that the state can provide no reasonable evidence to link him to gets life, while the multimillionaire who

admits to shooting a guest in his house, cutting up the corpse and throwing it in the sea, gets found not guilty, then, even after admitting on camera he killed 2 other people, remains free.

All's equal under the eyes of the law. Hahaha.

Thing I kept waiting for them to explain in some way was the hips they found out at the quarry. What was the prosecution argument for Steve keeping hold of them and transporting them away? How did they even find them?

Either way, for me there was little doubt he had nowt to do with it and I don't think that is down to biased editing. Only 3 jurors had him down as guilty at the initial vote once deliberation started. Those 3 were clearly too narrow minded in their assumptions going into the trial to allow the evidence to change their opinion.

Avery probably was guilty. He looked the sort. The whole family were straight out of Deliverance to be fair.

Cracking watch though. Unbelievable they were both put away on such flimsy evidence.

Avery probably was guilty. He looked the sort. The whole family were straight out of Deliverance

If you ever fancy a career change you sound completely qualified to work for the Manitowoc County Sheriff's Department.

Edited by ewerk

I was on jury duty the other year. It was the second time i'd be called up and few days before the end of the second week I finally got put on a jury (first time over the two times I'd been called up). As soon as they brought the defendant out I thought to myself that he looked like a right nonce. Then they read out the charges and surprise surprise he was up for noncing. You can just tell man.

Unfortunately he'd been in a car crash on the way to court and fractured his sternum. This and the drugs they had him on might well have been the reason for his apprearance. In the end he wasn't fit to stand trial at the time so I got realsed from the duty early and had a couple of days on the piss.

Edited by David Kelly

I had a fraud case when I did it. We were warned it could take months but luckily the case collapsed on a legal technicality we weren't privy to after a day.

Then I got a shoplifting case that I don't know how ever ended up in court, the evidence was so flimsy. Again, the defendant looked a wrong un but you can't put someone away for that alone, unfortunately.

The defendant worked in shop where the stuff was taken and was accused of pinching loads of designer watches. It all came down to he said, she said though. Fuck knows how it ended up in court. The prosecution barrister built his entire case around accusing the defendant of lying when on the stand.

Edited by Dr Gloom

I think you have the right to request it to be taken to court. I got down to the last 15 (I think it is) for another case but didn't get picked for the final 12. That was for a bloke who shoplifted a steak from Asda. Apparently his defence was it looked like his dead mother so he put it in his back to stop it looking at him.

A mate from work ended up on jury duty and reckons he spent a depressing amount of time trying to explain to his fellow jurors that you have to consider the evidence presented to make your decision.

Apparently it was a weak as piss case but they all wanted to convict cos the bloke was ugly and a bit weird. Reckons the thought of being judged by a jury of his peers is terrifying now.

A mate from work ended up on jury duty and reckons he spent a depressing amount of time trying to explain to his fellow jurors that you have to consider the evidence presented to make your decision.

Apparently it was a weak as piss case but they all wanted to convict cos the bloke was ugly and a bit weird. Reckons the thought of being judged by a jury of his peers is terrifying now.

Does he look ugly and a bit weird like?