Jonjo Shelvey

Tooj

A British player with Premier League experience? Well apparently that's what we've needed, right?

Europa League here we come!

I'd normally say this move again underlines our lack of ambition to be anywhere serious. An average player out of form in a struggling team.

Yet who else would come here now? In our state. What is the likelihood of a European import succeeding? Constant failures since Cabaye.

aye it'll be beside colback he'll play, and no thanks especially not at £10m :lol: jesus i wouldn't even pay half of that

I saw somewhere we were going to pay 12m, which sounds even more ludicrous. I would take him, but not at that price.

Smoke & mirrors the art of deception we're out the league cup we're out the FA Cup we're 18th in the Premiership let's pretend to buy a player that'll take their minds away from the state of the club. The club's in Shit Street this won't make any difference now if there's half a dozen proven premiership players signed by the window closing fair enough but I'll only believe it when theyve a black & white shirt on their back. Oh & isn't it coming up to ST renewal time come on lads & lasses we're better than this .

I've always thought he was a canny player with a lot of potential but was put off by his scouseness (ie association with the club rather than upbringing) and thought we should have been in for him before now.

I'm slightly put off now by the bad attitude stuff I have to say.

I'm pleased we're in for Shelvey personally. He's no Rob Lee but he's a genuine presence in midfield playing decent passes. He'll be going to Euro 2016 too.

Changed your tune haven't you Stevie? Didn't you once say that he'd end up dropping right down the leagues (or something like that).

Personally I still agree with your previous feelings about him but the sad fact is, he probably would improve us now. Much rather see us go for better but how we'd get anyone better to come here now is beyond my powers of deduction.

Changed your tune haven't you Stevie? Didn't you once say that he'd end up dropping right down the leagues (or something like that).

Personally I still agree with your previous feelings about him but the sad fact is, he probably would improve us now. Much rather see us go for better but how we'd get anyone better to come here now is beyond my powers of deduction.

He's improved a lot at Swansea certainly the end of last season. He's looked OK for England too. He's more of a presence than Kenton Jack too. One worry is he's quite easily wound up though, as yesterday proved.

He's improved a lot at Swansea certainly the end of last season. He's looked OK for England too. He's more of a presence than Kenton Jack too. One worry is he's quite easily wound up though, as yesterday proved.

I agree he's improved since he left the wall pushers but I still don't rate him and really can't stand him (that might cloud my judgment of his ability).

I'm not sure that you're doing this, but I've seen a few people compare him to Colback and say he's a better player because he does more going forward. Of course he does but that's clearly not Colback's game. I don't blame Colback for not doing that role, I blame McClaren for playing two defensive minded players in the middle and more so blame our recruitment team for creating a squad that doesn't have players to fill all the positions we need.

I agree he's improved since he left the wall pushers but I still don't rate him and really can't stand him (that might cloud my judgment of his ability).

I'm not sure that you're doing this, but I've seen a few people compare him to Colback and say he's a better player because he does more going forward. Of course he does but that's clearly not Colback's game. I don't blame Colback for not doing that role, I blame McClaren for playing two defensive minded players in the middle and more so blame our recruitment team for creating a squad that doesn't have players to fill all the positions we need.

I've never seen anyone pass the ball square more than David Batty but Colback isn't far behind. I'm all for a defensive midfielder, Makalele was made for the role, but at least he passed the ball forward, when does Colback ever do it? Midfielders need to occasionally mix their game up.