Jonjo Shelvey

Tooj

I've never seen anyone pass the ball square more than David Batty but Colback isn't far behind. I'm all for a defensive midfielder, Makalele was made for the role, but at least he passed the ball forward, when does Colback ever do it? Midfielders need to occasionally mix their game up.

I actually thought he was looking forward a lot more against Arsenal. I'm not a Colback fan but I also think he gets stick that is a bit unfair because he should be playing alongside a midfielder who is more forward thinking and it's not his fault that he doesn't. I don't really think he's good enough for anything other than backup either way mind.

someone in the squad needs to give mcclaren a bitch slap next time he plays anita and colback together in centre mid. i can sort of understand it if you're shutting up shop against man city away or whatever, but every game, inclusing every home game. it's like playing two ray wilkins in there. two little crabs, scuttling sideways for 90 minutes every week.

He is capable of some really canny play but he can be a right lazy twat defensively, we do desperately need a CM that is more offensive minded though and I think in our current mess we can't really turn our noses up at him. Not wanting to spend 19m on Cabaye in the summer looks dafter the longer the season goes on.

someone in the squad needs to give mcclaren a bitch slap next time he plays anita and colback together in centre mid. i can sort of understand it if you're shutting up shop against man city away or whatever, but every game, inclusing every home game. it's like playing two ray wilkins in there. two little crabs, scuttling sideways for 90 minutes every week.

Yup. Saivet is supposed to be ball winner primarily too. Built similarly to Colback and Anita. So lets hope to hell he's not the only CM that'll be arriving.

Yeah, let's not forget he headbutted Debuchy and got away scot-free. The absolute bellend then proceeded to carve us up in the remainder of that game.

The absolute bellend then proceeded to carve us up in the remainder of that game.

Hopefully that is the part of him we will get. At least he will be able to take a free kick which does not involve lobbing it to the goalkeeper!

Dont know why fans are ever arsed about how much a player costs, its not coming out of our banks.

Same.

I suppose the assumption is that there is a budget that this is taking money from that could be better spent elsewhere, don't reckon thats really the case though

because if you over pay for someone it means there might not be enough left for the players we want, or need.

Doesn't sound like Mike.