Jonjo Shelvey

Tooj

Same.

I suppose the assumption is that there is a budget that this is taking money from that could be better spent elsewhere, don't reckon thats really the case though

How would you feel if we paid something like £20m for Riviere?

What I mean is, so fuck if 12 million is over the odds. Who decides what a player is worth? The club selling. If we want him then we pay the asking fee or we dont. We have haggled over half a million in previous years.

The club is definately rich enough to buy a 12 million pound player so why not? If he turns out shite and we sell him for 5 next year, what have we lost?

What I mean is, so fuck if 12 million is over the odds. Who decides what a player is worth? The club selling. If we want him then we pay the asking fee or we dont. We have haggled over half a million in previous years.

The club is definately rich enough to buy a 12 million pound player so why not? If he turns out shite and we sell him for 5 next year, what have we lost?

>£7m

How would you feel if we paid something like £20m for Riviere?

Its irrelevant, Riviere was shite for his fee, he'd be shite for £20million and he'd be shite for 500k.

I don't give a shit how much we pay for anyone, I care how they play and how we do with them in the side, if he makes us better then I'm glad we signed him.

We have a finite pool of money, I don't think it's strange for fans to be concerned how that pot is spent. If we spunked our entire budget by spending £50m on him then I'd be very worried.

We have a finite pool of money, I don't think it's strange for fans to be concerned how that pot is spent. If we spunked our entire budget by spending £50m on him then I'd be very worried.

Aye but we haven't.

We've spent a fairly average amount for a PL player from a PL club because all PL clubs have got loads of money these days.

Its irrelevant, Riviere was shite for his fee, he'd be shite for £20million and he'd be shite for 500k.

I don't give a shit how much we pay for anyone, I care how they play and how we do with them in the side, if he makes us better then I'm glad we signed him.

Exactly. Perez was peanuts, one of our best players. Also our finite pool of money should easily be able to cover 12 million and a lot more. Other. Clubs pay more for squad players

Aye but we haven't.

We've spent a fairly average amount for a PL player from a PL club because all PL clubs have got loads of money these days.

Yes but even a difference of £1.5m can mean signing an Ayoze Perez or not.

I think this is a decent signing for us. I've only seen bits and pieces of him playing for Swansea but from what I've seen he's got the quality to pick a pass and contribute the odd goal from midfield at this level. Looks like there are question marks about his character, let's just hope he can sort that out up here. 12 mil seems like a lot of money but if his attacking quality gets us the goals that keep us up it will be worth it.

If a player does well for us and we are doing ok then what he costs is irrelevant. If we're stuggling, he's not very good and he's a waste of a transfer budget then of course it's a problem. Only time will tell which Shelvey turns out to be. But we've heard before how selling Carroll for £35m didn't really put that much into the pot because of agent fees and then wages of any new players (no mention ever made of wages saved that would have been paid to him mind you) so we know that with this regieme we need to be careful with every penny!