Jonjo Shelvey

Tooj

I know it was low, but aye, anyone with an ounce of courage sticks his head on that. Stark comparison between him & that chance and Lascelles' goal. The latter didn't give a toss which bit of his body got smashed as long as the ball hit the back of the net.

Captaincy has improved Sissoko's performances, but he's still not reliable. Captaincy did nowt for Shelvey.

Yeah. The captaincy has got Sissoko to start putting in the effort. Unfortunately for him, his lack of ability shines through when you can't blame his lack of effort.

I think someone said it on here after his first away performance - he's a textbook luxury player. His range of passing can be destructive if you're playing at home against a team who are dropping off but he's next to useless in the deep lying central position against a team who are pressing.

My only hope for him is if Rafa stays on and is able to get him to buy into his coaching philosophy. I don't think his work rate is enough currently for him to properly make it in the premier league.

Think that might have been me.

I'm praying to see how he does in a team full of confidence and playing well.

• 2 months later...

Being chucked onto the bench seems to have worked for the lad. He has put his head down and put in some much needed fitness work.

"It hurt me last year. I didnt show it, I was very professional and took it on the chin."

"I have lost six or seven kilos since last season."

"I didnt really have a summer holiday, I went away for a week, and come back and five weeks with a personal trainer trying to get myself in decent nick for the season to give myself the best chance to come and play."

He looked "Heavy" when he turned up last season, he was the one player they signed that really needed to hit the ground running. He did in the first couple of games but didn't show much after that, the creative spark was missing. Hopefully he can show it this year.

It's good to hear him working hard, but apart from his first few games he was poor to the point where I dreaded him coming off the bench. His positional play is shocking but hopefully Rafa can improve on that

I certainly wouldn't play him as a holding midfielder though only in an advanced role

• 6 years later...
4 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Like the lazy cunt wrote that goodbye. Good luck to him, hope Forest stay up for Wood's sake more than his.

I think they're a good shout to stay up, just have to keep their noses slightly above the bottom pack. Their new signings should keep spirits up, in particular Navas is a huge signing as so often it's the defense and keepers leaking soft goals that ends up condemning teams to relegation.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Bit harsh like.

9kfXTb.jpg

When the janitor went to open the doors of Thompson house this morning amongst the green bins and placca rubbish bags was a very dishevelled Knight with a half empty beer glass in one hand and his notepad in the other saying to the janitor, 'Woooaaah, y'fucka, me heed, WHAT A NIGHT THAT WAS!'

• Haha 6

17 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

:lol:

FFS

Nice to see you're still with us!

Don't worry, once you your toontastic meme is established, that's it established forever. I mean I've moved house THREE times since that stained glass window, and I havn't been attacked by a sea gull now for several weeks. 

• Haha 9

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

Nice to see you're still with us!

Don't worry, once you your toontastic meme is established, that's it established forever. I mean I've moved house THREE times since that stained glass window, and I havn't been attacked by a sea gull now for several weeks. 

i stopped riding my hoverboard at least 5 years ago tbh

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I'm not in the least bit verbose, loquacious, garrulous or periphrastic, yet here we are.

Once a Pimms Drinking Shithouse, always a Pimms Drinking Shithouse. 

• Haha 4