David Bowie

ewerk

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Completely ruled the 70s, and without him the following 4 decades will have sounded very different"

You know I don't think so - influential up to a point in the early 70's but after that......

Punk, N Soul, Dance, Disco, Reggae, Grunge etc weren't influenced by him at all

In fact he hasn't been around for best part of 25+ years

Even in his Aladdin Sane days he was very much a minority interest

Edited by Rob W

"Completely ruled the 70s, and without him the following 4 decades will have sounded very different"

You know I don't think so - influential up to a point in the early 70's but after that......

Ooh, aren't you so controversial?

No similarity whatsoever

yer all jealous - you lived through some of the most depressing years of modern music whereas I was priveliged to listen to the Beatles, Stones, Beach Boys, Bowie etc etc first time round..... you got stuck with Stock Aitken & Waterman and Now That's What I Call Music 256 .......... I really do sympathise with you.................

Edited by Rob W

yer all jealous - you lived through some of the most depressing years of modern music whereas I was priveliged to listen to the Beatles, Stones, Beach Boys, Bowie etc etc first time round..... you got stuck with Stock Aitken & Waterman and Now That's What I Call Music 256 .......... I really do sympathise with you.................

we had hip hop, the birth of acid house and the thousand sub genres of electronica it spawned, and some pretty decent guitar music along the way, so it hasn't been all bad.

You know, in the autumn of my days as a poor pensioner, I no longer get excited by the abuse served up on here

I get up late, wander down to the pub and buy a drink... and before sipping it I thinlk " who paid for this?"

And then I think "Alex!- he's been kind enough to sweat away in some call centre paying tax & NI just so I can enjoy myself........" and so I toast the young shaver - long may he last!!

And of course there's the warm feeling that there'll be no one around to pay for his pension when he gets to 85......................

having seen the new Star Wars movie I feel this board needs a Yoda-like figure to spread wisdom amongst the young and to stop their inevitable drift to the Dark Side

I elect myself as no-one else has the wit or wisdom to be allowed a vote

Just off for a swift half at lunchtime which I think will be bought by Monkey's Fist today