David Bowie

ewerk

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CYbblyTWYAAMXJY.jpg

:lol: There's been some class anecdotes flying about this morning. One journalist was worried about interviewing him because he was supposed to be difficult, turns up to Bowie's house, he opens the door, full of smiles and goes "Can you watch my son while I nip to the shop for some milk. I'm sure you want a cup of tea as well"

:lol: There's been some class anecdotes flying about this morning. One journalist was worried about interviewing him because he was supposed to be difficult, turns up to Bowie's house, he opens the door, full of smiles and goes "Can you watch my son while I nip to the shop for some milk. I'm sure you want a cup of tea as well"

Mark Radcliffe has a couple of stories about him and Lard introducing Bowie on a number of occasions, including one where Bowie casually asks him about the setlist and if he should switch some of it up.

Also I'm pretty sure Adam and Joe never did get that interview with him.

I'm not the world's most knowledgeable Bowie fan, but fuck me this was a swift kick to the bollocks on a Monday morning.

I never saw Bowie as a solo artist but saw him as the piano player for Iggy Pop at Newcastle City Hall in 1977. Bowie just at at the piano & sung backing vocals for Iggy you'd have been forgiven for thinking this was a Bowie gig as the first 3 or 4 rows comprised of Bowie lookalikes in various guises from Ziggy to the Thin White Duke despite the audience shouting out for different Bowie songs he stuck to the task & was just the piano player in the band a true professional.

Completely ruled the 70s, and without him the following 4 decades will have sounded very different. At least as influential as the Beatles iyam, it would appear he knew this was coming and the new material is a bit of a self penned requiem, which if anyone else had tried it would've been a bit crass at best but is somehow pretty fitting for him.

RIp major Tom/star man/Aladdin/thin white duke etc etc, they'll never be another like you...

I've never been a huge Bowie fan so I haven't felt the impact of his passing the way I did for Freddie Mercury (for example) but obviously it's a very sad day in the music world and for all the people who were impacted by him and his music. I love this particular version of this song - 2 legends back together, wherever that may be..