Henri Saivet

Tooj

Like when Kevin Nolan got us out of it last time? For me, anything that unseats the midfield two and allows us to get more of a grip on games is fine by me.

I think the problem is no one is confident he will.

I can't see anyone being remotely impressed by this signing. The best anyone is coming up with so far is he might stop Schteve playing Anita and Colback together and he's cheaper than Shelvey (I'm not convinced that is much of a positive myself).

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like when Kevin Nolan got us out of it last time? For me, anything that unseats the midfield two and allows us to get more of a grip on games is fine by me.

Break out the champers :lol:

Five burning things ah reckon about the new man at St. James' park.

1. He knows Papis Cisse, probably have each othas numbas.

2. Likes music, probably rapping.

3. Can play in the middle or out wide on FIFA.

4. Will link up well with tiote and probably hang about with him.

5. Was predicted to be the next Vieira by someone, once.

/Ryder

I'm not expecting great things from this lad but who knows - as with all our signings these days he is a total unknown quantity. Saying we need proven premier league quality is all well and good but the fact is we're a club with zero ambition, currently in the bottom 3 with a very real possibility of going down. No top class players are going to want to come here in jan, just players desperate for a chance to earn premier league wages. I expect this guy to fall into that bracket. I just hope he can give us a bit of dynamism in midfield and make it a bit harder for teams to waltz through the middle against us cos we've been crying out for that

It is possible to survive if you get the January transfer window right. Birmingham City looked doomed one year but they bought Dugarry and Matthew Upson - an creative French international, formerly of Barcelona and Milan, and a solid, experienced English centre half. Exactly the sort of signing we could be going for instead of continuing with untried kids. People say that type of player wouldn't fancy it but you can always offer top dollar and a put a relegation clause in their contract.