Holidays 2024

McFaul

Put your holiday crack in here for 2016.

Has anyone been to Alcudia? That's where we've booked up for, heard lot of decent things about it, and it's affordable right now. 3 euros a pint isn't bad. I've been to Majorca before, with me parents in 1990, a place called Santa Ponsa, which is right at the South of the island. Worst place I've ever been, but me and wor lass have heard this is really canny and completely on the other side. You don't get the sort of scruffs you get in Magaluf and it's only 2 hours flight. Can't grumble at all. Has anyone else turned out here?

Where are everyone else turning out this year?

I went to Alcudia when I was about 16 with a bunch of lads from shool. You can imagine the kind of nights out we were there for but I remember it being pretty chilled as far as big resorts go. We got a bus down to Maguluf for a night and it was nothing like it.

This year I'm off to centre parcs with other mates who have kids in Easter. Coming up to the toon for a week in Feb, if you can call that a holiday, and plotting a couple of weeks in the sun in the summer - probably a Greek island. Problem is I have to follow the crowds now my boy's at school. Bank raid too.

Edited by Dr Gloom

The junior crew will be turning out in Disneyland Paris this Autumn - I've heard the French Rat and his mob are a bit tasty, so I've told the nippers they're representing Queen and Country, no backing down, even if they break out their top boys Lightyear and Vader.

Put your holiday crack in here for 2016.

Has anyone been to Alcudia? That's where we've booked up for, heard lot of decent things about it, and it's affordable right now. 3 euros a pint isn't bad. I've been to Majorca before, with me parents in 1990, a place called Santa Ponsa, which is right at the South of the island. Worst place I've ever been, but me and wor lass have heard this is really canny and completely on the other side. You don't get the sort of scruffs you get in Magaluf and it's only 2 hours flight. Can't grumble at all. Has anyone else turned out here?

Where are everyone else turning out this year?

Went ages ago. Remember it having a lush beach but that's about it.

We are planning a trip to Cuba for late summer I think.

Will get a weekend up in Edinburgh again at some point and another weekend away, looking at eastern europe atm cos ive only ever been to Bulgaria and it was grim as fuck.

I found a cockroach in my KFC zinger burger in Alcudia. I've tried to blot the rest of the holiday from my memory but that bit will always stay with me.

:lol: I went to Polensa when I was 18 with a couple of mates. Thankfully I was sick the night they all went to Alcudia to some nightclub called Menta, which incredibly is still open 22 years later. Even at 18, it sounded like my worst nightmare.

We are planning a trip to Cuba for late summer I think.

Will get a weekend up in Edinburgh again at some point and another weekend away, looking at eastern europe atm cos ive only ever been to Bulgaria and it was grim as fuck.

I loved Cuba. Make sure you spend some time in Havana. Expect lots of pissed Canadians in the resorts.

Menorca for a family holiday for me end of August. Also a week in the lakes (if the road has reopened) in July and f*****g centre parcs next Xmas. Hopefully a few weekends in the lakes and Edinburgh too.

i remember menta, only nightclub i've ever been to with a swimming pool in it, that people actually used during the night :lol:

Aye my mates went in the pool and felt like shit for the next three days. I suspect chlorine levels were not checked regularly. Nor spunk levels.

I found a cockroach in my KFC zinger burger in Alcudia. I've tried to blot the rest of the holiday from my memory but that bit will always stay with me.

Trying the local cuisine on holiday is always a calculated risk.

I loved Cuba. Make sure you spend some time in Havana. Expect lots of pissed Canadians in the resorts.

Menorca for a family holiday for me end of August. Also a week in the lakes (if the road has reopened) in July and f*****g centre parcs next Xmas. Hopefully a few weekends in the lakes and Edinburgh too.

Pissed Canadians are a nightmare. When I was in the Dominican at this all inclusive place, there was a bar in the pool. These fat Canadian bastards would get in the pool in the morning and just drink all day until the evening. Never got out once, so you know they were just pissing in there all day.

The fattest one even puked in the pool once. Fucking gross.

Pissed Canadians are a nightmare. When I was in the Dominican at this all inclusive place, there was a bar in the pool. These fat Canadian bastards would get in the pool in the morning and just drink all day until the evening. Never got out once, so you know they were just pissing in there all day.

The fattest one even puked in the pool once. Fucking gross.

:lol:

In Cuba they bought their own drinking vessels (ranging from large flasks to kegs) because the glasses the hotel supplied were too small.

• Meenzer changed the title to Holidays 2024