Holidays 2024

McFaul

:lol: Dutch is a fucker of a language. Always try to speak it when in Belgium and usually get a chuckle and then they speak to us in English.

The only Dutch phrase I know is : "what is that" (wat is dat)

The folks have bought a caravan and sited it near Ullswater, only 90mins away. Brings back memories of being a kid and going to Haggerston etc. (When it was a proper caravan site and not a Butlins rip off)

We had a drive into Keswick today which was 15mins up the road

C8CC749A-C76A-408A-AC85-415F879FB7EE_zps

656828B2-0D4D-4906-BD8D-6FA98CFAD613_zps

Edited by StraightEdgeWizard

I like Keswick. Went to a very good tapas (not English :razz: ) and craft beer type place there last year. (Countryside is canny too, obviously.)

Every tapas should be English with a dress code of jeans, a flat cap and a tweed blazer. It would make me proud to eat in such an establishment.

I like Keswick. Went to a very good tapas (not English :razz: ) and craft beer type place there last year. (Countryside is canny too, obviously.)

I was camping at Bassenthwaite about a month ago, view of Scarfell from the site. Absolutely lush man.

The folks have bought a caravan and sited it near Ullswater, only 90mins away. Brings back memories of being a kid and going to Haggerston etc. (When it was a proper caravan site and not a Butlins rip off)

We had a drive into Keswick today which was 15mins up the road

C8CC749A-C76A-408A-AC85-415F879FB7EE_zps

656828B2-0D4D-4906-BD8D-6FA98CFAD613_zps

We stopped off at Ullswater today on the way to Chester (zoo). Had a Burger in the Sun Inn. Pooley Bridge is nice. Don't think I'd been before.

I'm in Patterdale for a week in a couple of weeks. I hear Glen Ridding is still canny wrecked after the floods, which is a shame. Glad Pooley Bridge has a temporary bridge up, hope they can afford to build an attractive permanent one.

Back to Berlin in December, despite swearing I could never cope with the cold again. :lol: Might as well take advantage of the new flights from Newcastle though.

Really enjoyed France the last couple of weeks. Particularly Lyon. Glad I didn't spend the extra on going down to Nice mind.

Great food in Lyon. Good city, had some decent weekends there. Nice is full of cunts, did well.

Great food in Lyon. Good city, had some decent weekends there. Nice is full of cunts, did well.

Aye the food was excellent. Apart from the Andouilette that my mate got in cafe at the station which was vile.

Booked a trip to Koh Samui in early Sept. Just before the wet season so dirt cheap.

I was there in August a couple of years ago and had some massive downpours/wind but the whole thing was done and dusted in ten minutes. Absolutely beautiful place to visit.

Nice one.

Any tips? Im just going with a pal but fancy a bit of snorkelling (apparently the neigbouring islands are better for this), might do my PADI as well, a bit of night life and some chilling. Not sure if there is much sight-seeing?

We are staying in Chaweng which seems lively.

• Meenzer changed the title to Holidays 2024