Holidays 2024

McFaul

32 minutes ago, Renton said:

Interesting choice. Is it a Freddy Mercury pilgrimage, a beach holiday, or what? 

Beach holiday. Bit daft but it started as a plan to go on safari for a week then Zanzibar for a week. Safari cost was getting out of hand (12 grand plus for the fortnight!) so we decided just to do the latter half. 

But really we could have gone anywhere for a beach holiday so it's a long way to go. There'll be other stuff to do though..... hopefully. 

Just booked three weeks in Costa Rica in August. Rainforests, volcanoes, toucans, sloths, zip wires, treetop canopies, red eyed tree frogs, Caribbean and Pacific coasts. Sounds alright 

14 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Just booked three weeks in Costa Rica in August. Rainforests, volcanoes, toucans, sloths, zip wires, treetop canopies, red eyed tree frogs, Caribbean and Pacific coasts. Sounds alright 

Wandering spiders...

have a lovely time!

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Beach holiday. Bit daft but it started as a plan to go on safari for a week then Zanzibar for a week. Safari cost was getting out of hand (12 grand plus for the fortnight!) so we decided just to do the latter half. 

But really we could have gone anywhere for a beach holiday so it's a long way to go. There'll be other stuff to do though..... hopefully. 

12k! :o Are you sure that didnt include a hunting permit?

I'm going back to Italy, in fact will probably stick with Italy for the next few years. Beginning to love the place and the short flight helps.  

18 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Anyone been to Rhodes? :unsure:

The current Mrs PL has become so emboldened that she’s just booked the last week in June off without even asking permission :glare:

Two destinations from the local aerodrome on Sat 22nd; Antalya (NO! :lol: )  which leaves the south Aegean...

Were DEFINITELY too old for Falaraki, wondering if there’s anywhere anyone would recommend?... no kids, slightly lively etc etc...

I’ve only been to Rhodes the once but it’s a large, interesting island well worth exploring. As for places to stay I went to Pefkos which is just another family resort that’s been overdeveloped and was once just a quiet fishing village. It made a decent base and had some nice restaurants etc but it’s about as ‘Greek’ as I am. I’d hire a car wherever you are. Rhodes Old Town is amazing (largest intact walled medieval town in Europe I think). Accommodation is limited but I know a lot of places exist in the directly adjacent new town. Lindos is worth checking out. There’s a nice, albeit busy, sheltered beach and there’s an acropolis to explore. At night it has a nice vibe with lots of rooftop restaurants and the acropolis is lit up. The west coast is wild, windy and unspoilt. It’s dotted with ruined crusader castles and there’s also a mountainous interior. I haven’t done this but day trips to Symi and the Turkish mainland are possible. Enjoy

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i went to falararki in the summer of 96. superb 

That the posh version of Faliraki? ;) 

• Haha 3

On 4/30/2019 at 20:26, PaddockLad said:

Anyone been to Rhodes? :unsure:

The current Mrs PL has become so emboldened that she’s just booked the last week in June off without even asking permission :glare:

Two destinations from the local aerodrome on Sat 22nd; Antalya (NO! :lol: )  which leaves the south Aegean...

Were DEFINITELY too old for Falaraki, wondering if there’s anywhere anyone would recommend?... no kids, slightly lively etc etc...

I was in Lindos last September and it was lovely. Rhodes town is nice too

• Like 1

Haven't had a holiday since 2016 as I've never got enough money for a decent hol and I don't like 'cheap' holidays as they're shit value. Probably get somewhere in 2020 or 2021. :yahoo:

Took a late decision (once it became evident Brexit wasn't happening just yet) to join friends at the villa they'd already booked in Gran Canaria for Eurovision week. Been to the town itself a few times before but the property is right on the front next to the steps down to the beach, so it'll be a bit different to the usual hotel and pool at least.

4 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Took a late decision (once it became evident Brexit wasn't happening just yet) to join friends at the villa they'd already booked in Gran Canaria for Eurovision week. Been to the town itself a few times before but the property is right on the front next to the steps down to the beach, so it'll be a bit different to the usual hotel and pool at least.

Had my honeymoon in Gran Canaria. We we really enjoyed it at the time but I'm not sure I'd fancy going back plus like a lot of places from Newcastle, the flight times are shit I believe. 

I'm actually flying back to Manchester because "even" the London flights on the Sunday weren't at great times (and the least bad one was proper money). Gets me the whole of the last day on site, but it does mean I'm on a National Express coach from Manchester Airport at 3:20am. Wish me luck. :lol: 

And aye, it's a nice enough place but a bit much of a muchness as far as the resorts go - hoping to get the bus into the middle of the island one day to do a bit of hiking for something a bit different.

4 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

I'm actually flying back to Manchester because "even" the London flights on the Sunday weren't at great times (and the least bad one was proper money). Gets me the whole of the last day on site, but it does mean I'm on a National Express coach from Manchester Airport at 3:20am. Wish me luck. :lol: 

Fuck. That.

:lol:

• Haha 1

Second gayest place I've been to Gran Canaria, after Sitges near Barcelona. Lots of Germans and connect 4 games ion every bar table for some reason, iirc. 

• Haha 1

I went to Rhodes when I was a bairn. Dad gave me a clip round the ear for something or other and in my subsequent hissy fit I launched the closest thing within reach across the room, which just happened to be a trainer. Anyway me Dad ended up with an overnight stay in a Greek hospital with a broken nose. Still feel guilty now even though we laugh about it

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

• 2 weeks later...

Off to Portugal in the morning for 5 days, it’s a wedding and flights and hotel all paid for us. 

Haven't done a beach holiday in years so looking forward to doing fuck all 

Also I’ve bought a linen suit for the wedding so I’m going to be cutting about like the man from del Monte, shirt unbuttoned past my tits the lot

Bairn's new passport just came back. Not blue!!!!! Did billions of pounds go to waste for nothing? No 'European Union' on it so it'll have to do for now, Beryl!!! 

Roses are English

We're now on a roll

Blue passports next

We're taking back control.

Wibble.

• Haha 2

• Meenzer changed the title to Holidays 2024