Holidays 2024

McFaul

Nice one.

Any tips? Im just going with a pal but fancy a bit of snorkelling (apparently the neigbouring islands are better for this), might do my PADI as well, a bit of night life and some chilling. Not sure if there is much sight-seeing?

We are staying in Chaweng which seems lively.

I couldn't decide between Chaweng and Fisherman's Village so did a week in both, even though they're only about twenty minutes apart. Chaweng has the nicer beach but Fisherman's Village was more relaxed so definitely give that a go, I think they do the street market on a Friday.

We did the snorkeling in Koh Nangyuan which was absolutely class, one of the highlights of the trip. But apart from that there isn't much. I was booked to go to an animal park but after reading up on it it seems like the animals aren't well treated so decided not to bother. There's the Big Buddah which is okay to look at/around for about ten minutes but mostly it's about relaxing and enjoying the beauty of the place.

I couldn't decide between Chaweng and Fisherman's Village so did a week in both, even though they're only about twenty minutes apart. Chaweng has the nicer beach but Fisherman's Village was more relaxed so definitely give that a go, I think they do the street market on a Friday.

We did the snorkeling in Koh Nangyuan which was absolutely class, one of the highlights of the trip. But apart from that there isn't much. I was booked to go to an animal park but after reading up on it it seems like the animals aren't well treated so decided not to bother. There's the Big Buddah which is okay to look at/around for about ten minutes but mostly it's about relaxing and enjoying the beauty of the place.

We visited an animal park. As you say, these aren't terribly happy animals. It involved an elephant playing football and a tiny monkey tricycling and playing basketball. To my eternal shame, I did have a little chuckle at the monkey on the bike although my Mrs was pretty horrified by it all.

I have a memory of that the monkey had a tab in his mouth but I think I'm probably imagining that bit.

• 4 weeks later...

Just booked a little cabin in the woods by Lake Tahoe as part of our tour of Northern California. Looks lush and I was really excited until I received the confirmation email back from the owner this morning, with warnings not to leave any food - even crumbs - outside, or in the car, in case it attracts bears.

That's going to be a challenge with two kids, and should put the attack of the killer seagulls Renton experienced into perspective.

Edited by Dr Gloom

Just booked a little cabin in the woods by Lake Tahoe as part of our tour of Northern California. Looks lush and I was really excited until I received the confirmation email back from the owner this morning, with warnings not to leave any food - even crumbs - outside, or in the car, in case it attracts bears.

That's going to be a challenge with two kids, and should put the attack of the killer seal gulls Renton experienced into perspective.

I don't think there's any grizzlies in that area. Black bears are normally grand.

Been checking the refugee hysteria and Sardinia is low. :lol: MrsP booked it cause she must have beach and I was like....It's full of refugees!!111

Austria first for some walking and then Bologna for eating and then Sardinia.

That's going to be a challenge with two kids, and should put the attack of the killer seagulls Renton experienced into perspective.

'Little Cabin' is normally the start of a horror script. ;)

Edited by Park Life

Grand in a, they won't fancy eating us for their tea sense?

Aye, black bears won't attack humans unless they feel threatened and even then they'll normally run away rather than attack. They're basically the pussies of the bear world.

Aye, black bears won't attack humans unless they feel threatened and even then they'll normally run away rather than attack. They're basically the pussies of the bear world.

Till they go rogue innit?

Next thing we'll hear about this is a report in the papers. "Newcastle born man mauled by black bear - attempt of escape on hoverboard proved futile but other family members were able to walk to safety at a leisurely pace"

Next thing we'll hear about this is a report in the papers. "Newcastle born man mauled by black bear - attempt of escape on hoverboard proved futile but other family members were able to walk to safety at a leisurely pace"

:lol:

:lol:

Is it rusticcottages.com?

• Meenzer changed the title to Holidays 2024