Holidays 2024

McFaul

2 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

It’ll be the feminists. Or the SJWs denying us our gender-given right to ogle lasses in parks.

Or lads, if you’re a cock fiend a homophone, or something. 

:CT:

9 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Italian blart is off the charts. I've noticed this week actually that the sunshine fanny has been less than stellar. I blame the national obesity crisis. 

I don't wear sunglasses but you're recommending them, aye? :lol:

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Having a lovely week in the lakes, despite the weather doing its best to keep us indoors. Nice walk up to the top of Latrigg, which I think someone on here recommended. Good one for kids as you get the amazing views over Derwent water at the summit without busting a gut. The “surprise view” over borrowdale and the bowder stone also good fun. Castlerigg stone circle and a day of high tree rope walking and climbing to come. 

Fair enough. What ages out of interest? I'd struggle to get my 6 year old up but then she's pathologically lazy. On the other hand, I have seen kids her age up Skiddaw, a lot less knackered than me. Anyway, hope the weather improves for you. 

We’ve got a v lazy four year old in the group who I end up carrying most of then time, making the scrambling part of cat bells a non starter. The 6 and 8 year olds would smash it. We did bouldering and high tree rope walking at Keswick climbing wall today. Good weather other than 30 mins of drizzle. Such a calming place to spend a few days. Love it 

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Mt Lyford and then on to Kaikoura this week to celebrate our third wedding anniversary.

Took a little Kayaking trip in kaikoura out to the Fur Seal Colony on Point Kean, which was absolutely stunning.

62059948_10161771728090304_8527018028397

62214860_10161771728310304_1837136466606

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Italian Alps tomorrow for me and the lads. 4 days of riding some of the mountains. Cannot fucking wait!

Unusual way to come out

• Haha 5

Wow.  What a country Italy is.

Stayed in Bormio and in 4 days did the classic climbs around there clocking up a nice 600km of riding and 13000m of climbing.  Absolutely shagged out.  The heat was mad, so humid. 

I was like a dog with 4 cocks.  Loads of pro's train in the area and you see loads.

The cycling was amazing, but for me, the scenery, architecture, people, food and wine, wow spot on.

• Meenzer changed the title to Holidays 2024