Holidays 2024

McFaul

It used to be Ryan Air from Newcastle and that was to Bergamo. Not sure about now. Bergamo is meant to be lovely but it’s something like 30 miles away from Milan

3 hours ago, Alex said:

Do Jet2 not go? Leeds is their main hub isn’t it? Or are you avoiding budget airlines full stop? There’ll be options from Heathrow

They're the best bet, but looks like they do Verona.

We're now thinking of doing that, spend a couple of days there then train it to Milan.  

Flew to Milan on Ryanair this summer and it was murder.

13 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

They're the best bet, but looks like they do Verona.

We're now thinking of doing that, spend a couple of days there then train it to Milan.  

Flew to Milan on Ryanair this summer and it was murder.

The trains were really good when I did Pisa-Florence-Venice-Pisa. Verona is meant to be beautiful anyway

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Alex said:

The trains were really good when I did Pisa-Florence-Venice-Pisa. Verona is meant to be beautiful anyway

Yeah me and a mate did Milan-Verona-Venice-Rome-Naples-Rome-Florence/Pisa-Milan and all the trains were good. Never too busy, always clean, cheap, and always on time.

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Off to Dubrovnik in the summer and am happy to announce that I will not be doing any Game of Thrones tours. Keep that to the Warhammer shaggers. But, any other suggestions would be welcome.

Pose suggestively beside Orlando’s Column? 
https://www.atlasobscura.com/things-to-do/dubrovnik-croatia

7 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Off to Dubrovnik in the summer and am happy to announce that I will not be doing any Game of Thrones tours. Keep that to the Warhammer shaggers. But, any other suggestions would be welcome.

You won't be able to avoid GoT scenes, the old city is surprisingly small. There can be hajf a dozen cruise ships every day so I'd avoid OT till 6 ish then go here..

https://www.croatiagems.com/buza-bar/

Lots of other good bars etc...

Day trips to Korcula, Mostar & Montenegro all worth doing :good:

Just now, PaddockLad said:

You won't be able to avoid GoT scenes, the old city is surprisingly small. There can be hajf a dozen cruise ships every day so I'd avoid OT till 6 ish then go here..

https://www.croatiagems.com/buza-bar/

Lots of other good bars etc...

Day trips to Korcula, Mostar & Montenegro all worth doing :good:

Sound, ta. We’re staying at an AirBnB villa (!) about 10 minutes away so we’ve got plenty of scope for moving up and down the coast. We’re right next to a place called The Pirate Social Club which seems like a cocktail bar on the rocks which I’m very excited for.

• Meenzer changed the title to Holidays 2024